spread filter

Hello I would like someone to help me on how to set up the spread filter

Stelios Valentinos I would like someone to help me on how to set up the spread filter
  1. What “the spread filter?”

2. Help you with what? You haven't stated a problem, you stated a want. Show us your attempt (using the CODE button) and state the nature of your difficulty.
              No free help (2017)

Or pay someone. Top of every page is the link Freelance.
              Hiring to write script - General - MQL5 programming forum (2018)

We're not going to code it for you (although it could happen if you are lucky or the issue is interesting).
              No free help (2017)

3. With my indicator, I maintain my own maximum spread using a power mean.
              Can I find out the biggest spread at the past in MT4? - MQL4 programming forum - Page 2 #14 (20.04.15)

Hi

I assume you want to filter out new trades (or other functions) when spread is too high.

It’s actually quite easy – just set some maxSpread that allow trading and add a condition before the function you want to block when spread is too high:

if (SymbolInfoInteger(SYMBOL_SPREAD)>maxSpread) { //do the fnction here// }

William Roeder #:
  1. What “the spread filter?

2. Help you with what? You haven't stated a problem, you stated a want. Show us your attempt (using the CODE button) and state the nature of your difficulty.
              No free help (2017)

Or pay someone. Top of every page is the link Freelance.
              Hiring to write script - General - MQL5 programming forum (2018)

We're not going to code it for you (although it could happen if you are lucky or the issue is interesting).
              No free help (2017)

3. With my indicator, I maintain my own maximum spread using a power mean.
              Can I find out the biggest spread at the past in MT4? - MQL4 programming forum - Page 2 #14 (20.04.15)

A spread filter is the instruction you embed in your program -not in indicators - for those occasions that the asset's Ask and Bid prices have a big gap in between .
The instruction is usually to not trade or close trades unless it's done automatically (margin call) when the gap is big , unless you are adventurous and want the opposite.

Yesterday's events have erected a lot of interest for this type of mechanism , and now you know what it is and how to use it like @Marzena Maria Szmit demonstrated.

☕️

Lorentzos Roussos #: A spread filter is the instruction …

Of course. But that's not what OP wrote. He wrote “the spread filter” meaning the one in his head, that he did not describe, or post. There are no mind readers here and our crystal balls are cracked.

Do you really think I do not know what a spread filter is?

William Roeder #:

Of course. But that's not what OP wrote. He wrote “the spread filter” meaning the one in his head, that he did not describe, or post. There are no mind readers here and our crystal balls are cracked.

Do you really think I do not know what a spread filter is?

1.what "a spread filter"?

😇 🖤

@William Roeder #: Of course. But that's not what OP wrote. He wrote “the spread filter” meaning the one in his head, that he did not describe, or post. There are no mind readers here and our crystal balls are cracked. Do you really think I do not know what a spread filter is?

That may be the case, but remember that the OP is not a native English speaker and their use of “the” may not have the grammatical importance that you are giving it.

However, I agree that the OP did not put any effort into their question and simply tossed it into the “ether” with no regard or after-thought. There has been none follow-up either.

C'mon guys , you really cannot tell what a spread filter is ?

in mql5.com a forum about coding forex programs ? 

with your massive experience on top of that ? 

😇 🖤

When you come to Greece and ask for "the pastichio" i will respond "what pastichio?"  😆

@Lorentzos Roussos #: C'mon guys , you really cannot tell what a spread filter is ? in mql5.com a forum about coding forex programs ?  with your massive experience on top of that ? 😇 🖤  When you come to Greece and ask for "the pastichio" i will respond "what pastichio?"  😆

Lorentzos, that is not the issue as both I and William know what a spread filter is!

We are discussing the difference in the used article's meaning — “the” and “a” can create a very different meaning (in proper English) — “a spread filter” means something more general and unspecific, while “the spread filter” means a very specific spread filter that requires further explanation.

William assumed that the OP knows how to write in proper English and gave the article “the” grammatical importance, while you, not being a native English speaker, did not notice this and assumed it as unimportant. Since the OP is also not a native English speaker, they probably also did not see the grammatical importance.

However, irrespective of the above explanation, even considering “spread filter” in general terms, the OP did not put in any effort into giving more details about the issue. They did not provide any code, they did not explain how they want to use the filter, do they want to prevent high spread or low spread, is it before opening or on closing, etc.

Also, the OP has not even responded! There was no follow-up on the question!

Fernando Carreiro #:

Lorentzos, that is not the issue as both I and William know what a spread filter is!

We are discussing the difference in the meaning of the article used — "the" and "a" can create a very different meaning (in proper English) — "a spread filter" means something more general and unspecific, while "the spread filter" means a very specific spread filter that requires further explanation.

William assumed that the OP knows how to write in proper English and gave the article "the" gramatical importance, while you, not being a native English speaker did not notice this and assumed it as unimportant. Since the OP is also not a native English speaker, they probably also did not see the gramatical importance.

However, irrespective of the above explanation, even considering "spread filter" in general terms, the OP did not put in any effort into giving more details about the issue. They did not provide any code, they did not explain how they want to use the filter, do they want to prevent high spread or low spread, is it before opening or on closing, etc.

This is not grammar school though . or , This is not the grammar school though  😄

I understand William -highly knowledgeable as he is - may have a teaching background (respect), so it really stood out for him.

What the op wanted though was obvious . Clear as day.

Kudos to @Marzena Maria Szmit who had the generosity to reveal that million dollar code .  😇 🖤

Cheers and chill out guys.

Lorentzos Roussos #What the op wanted though was obvious . Clear as day.

Given that the OP did not explain nor follow-up, your interpretation is simply one of many—a speculative guess—nothing more, nothing less.

Reason: