How do I know people aren't sharing my EA to escape my One Time fee?

How do I know people arent sharing my EA to escape my One Time fee? 

If I sell my EA to someone and send them the files to import into MT4, couldnt they just send those files to who ever they want without those people having to pay me anything? Im curious is there is some sort of notification that the EA files I send over email have been sent to another mt4 account without purchase. Also, if I sell and EA to someone and they do this, would I be able to suspend the EA from their mt4 account? Also am I able to see all of the MT4 accounts that are using the EA files? I want to know the details on if this is possible and there isnt anything online that I could find to avoid losing money on people sending my files to their friends without their friends paying my fee for them.

Big big thank you to anyone who can explain this to me. 

Tyler Wilhelm: How do I know people arent sharing my EA to escape my One Time fee? If I sell my EA to someone and send them the files to import into MT4, couldnt they just send those files to who ever they want without those people having to pay me anything? Im curious is there is some sort of notification that the EA files I send over email have been sent to another mt4 account without purchase. Also, if I sell and EA to someone and they do this, would I be able to suspend the EA from their mt4 account? Also am I able to see all of the MT4 accounts that are using the EA files? I want to know the details on if this is possible and there isnt anything online that I could find to avoid losing money on people sending my files to their friends without their friends paying my fee for them.

Yes, obviously, it will be shared if you make it so easy for them! That is why many don't give out the source code and "lock" their EAs to a specific account or customer name or something else specific, or alternatively, sell their EA in the Market.

As Fernando spoke , the market here has a very decent offering .

Alternatively you could code the ea to communicate with payment gates that manage the licenses for you 

Lastly if you'd wish to restrict this yourself you would need some sort of an ip restricting mechanism , from a server that is . Your issues there would be 
enforcing a "number of active terminals" policy with some leniency as you cannot be sure if a new ip is the same client on a different connection or a 
buddy of that client who has not paid.

The market here enforces the "activations" policy ,

There's always the "compile each copy" solution where you place a restriction for an account # on the EA , compile it and send it to the client . 

Fernando Carreiro #:

Yes, obviously, it will be shared if you make it so easy for them! That is why many son't give out the source code and "lock" their EAs to a specific account or customer name or something else specific, or alternatively, sell their EA in the Market.

Ok I understand now. Thank you

Lorentzos Roussos #:

As Fernando spoke , the market here has a very decent offering .

Alternatively you could code the ea to communicate with payment gates that manage the licenses for you 

Lastly if you'd wish to restrict this yourself you would need some sort of an ip restricting mechanism , from a server that is . Your issues there would be 
enforcing a "number of active terminals" policy with some leniency as you cannot be sure if a new ip is the same client on a different connection or a 
buddy of that client who has not paid.

The market here enforces the "activations" policy ,

There's always the "compile each copy" solution where you place a restriction for an account # on the EA , compile it and send it to the client . 

Ok I understand now. I am looking to create my own EA just for myself, but to also sell it to friends who are looking for a passive investment. I want them to understand the amazing opportunity of a successful EA. So they must pay something in order to understand the value of it. It's hard work coding an EA that has a high Sharpe ratio and consistent yearly returns. Thank you

Fernando Carreiro #:

Yes, obviously, it will be shared if you make it so easy for them! That is why many don't give out the source code and "lock" their EAs to a specific account or customer name or something else specific, or alternatively, sell their EA in the Market.

So if the EA is locked to the mt4 account of the user. Would the user be able to use a trade copier and distribute your EA to others that way? Is there a way I can see they're doing this or be able to restrict this?

Tyler Wilhelm #: So if the EA is locked to the mt4 account of the user. Would the user be able to use a trade copier and distribute your EA to others that way? Is there a way I can see they're doing this or be able to restrict this?

If they use a trade copier, then they will be distributing the signal, not the EA. Obviously you will not know about it and can do nothing about it.

If you are so paranoid about that, then stop sharing your EA. Keep it to yourself. Besides your EA is no better than the thousands out there. Don't kid yourself. Come down to earth!

Fernando Carreiro #:

If they use a trade copier, then they will be distributing the signal, not the EA. Obviously you will not know about it and can do nothing about it.

If you are so paranoid about that, then stop sharing your EA. Keep it to yourself. Besides your EA is no better than the thousands out there. Don't kid yourself. Come down to earth!

I dont have an EA lol. I was asking because I wanted to share the EA, I'm currently using, with my parents and siblings as a Christmas gift. ;) 

Tyler Wilhelm #:
I dont have an EA lol.

Then what is the point of this topic?????

Tyler Wilhelm:

How do I know people arent sharing my EA to escape my One Time fee? 

If I sell my EA to someone .................................

Keith Watford #:

Then what is the point of this topic?????

Most likely he is the one who wants to  escape paying the one time fee (again). 

Reason: