Backtest and connection (question)

A simple question: as MT4 loads all timeframes data in History when running a backtest with StrategyTester with "Every Tick" test, does MT4 need internet connection to load all timeframes data? Or even without internet connection if there are data in History timeframes, they are loaded?

Jox90:
A simple question: as MT4 loads all timeframes data in History when running a backtest with StrategyTester with "Every Tick" test, does MT4 need internet connection to load all timeframes data? Or even without internet connection if there are data in History timeframes, they are loaded?
All timeframes calculations are based on 1 minute time frame data. If there's no data for 1M, you will need internet connection to download it. It is how mt5 works. 

1. Jox90: A simple question: as MT4 …

Why did you post your MT4 question in the MT5 General section instead of the MQL4 section, (bottom of the Root page)?
              General rules and best pratices of the Forum. - General - MQL5 programming forum? (2017)
    Next time, post in the correct place. The moderators will likely move this thread there soon.

2. _MAHA_ # It is how mt5 works. 

The question was about MT4.

William Roeder #:
  1. _MAHA_ # It is how mt5 works. 

The question was about MT4

You know plus into minus is equal to minus. So MT4 into MT5 is equal to MT5. Yes that's it.

See ya til the next discoveries...

_MAHA_ #: You know plus into minus is equal to minus. So MT4 into MT5 is equal to MT5. Yes that's it.See ya til the next discoveries...

No! One is not the subset or the the superset of the other. They work differently! If you are trying to "impress" us, then you are only embarrassing yourself.

Jox90: A simple question: as MT4 loads all timeframes data in History when running a backtest with StrategyTester with "Every Tick" test, does MT4 need internet connection to load all timeframes data? Or even without internet connection if there are data in History timeframes, they are loaded?

For MT4 if the OHLC data for all the required timeframes are already fully downloaded and available, then it will generates the virtual ticks without further need for an Internet connection. If not then it will need the connection.

Also, if you are using the current spread (not fixed spread) or if the account currency requires for another currency pair to be referenced for the tick value to be calculated, then the connection to the trade server may still be required depending on what information has already been downloaded.

So in simple terms, in depends on the exact circumstances of the test.

Fernando Carreiro #:

For MT4 if the OHLC data for all the required timeframes are already fully downloaded and available, then it will generates the virtual ticks without further need for an Internet connection. If not then it will need the connection.

Also, if you are using the current spread (not fixed spread) or if the account currency requires for another currency pair to be referenced for the tick value to be calculated, then the connection to the trade server may still be required depending on what information has already been downloaded.

So in simple terms, in depends on the exact circumstances of the test.

Finally a decent answer, that was what I needed. Thanks.

Jox90 #: Finally a decent answer, that was what I needed. Thanks.
You are welcome!

Fernando Carreiro #:

No! One is not the subset or the the superset of the other. They work differently! If you are trying to "impress" us, then you are only embarrassing yourself.

No, you didn't get\realize why I said that or what I meant.
He first said why did you(the poster) post your MT4 question in the MT5 General section, and then he said to me it is about MT4. 
So in order to convince him, I said MT4 (question) into MT5(section) is equal to MT5.

Btw why shoud I try to "impress" you? 
Reason: