Having issues running same EA on two accounts in MT5

I have created an EA that I am doing some forward testing on. I have two sets of settings, let's call them 'A' and 'B'.

I have on live account with the EA and settings 'A' running. Now when I login to my second = demo account and I put the same EA on the chart with settings 'B' it also changes the settings of the EA on my live account to settings 'B'.

Even, when I put an entirely different EA on any chart in any of the two accounts, it will copy that EA (and its settings) to the other account.

What am I doing wrong? For sure there is a way to do this?

osterchrisi: I have created an EA that I am doing some forward testing on. I have two sets of settings, let's call them 'A' and 'B'. I have on live account with the EA and settings 'A' running. Now when I login to my second = demo account and I put the same EA on the chart with settings 'B' it also changes the settings of the EA on my live account to settings 'B'. Even, when I put an entirely different EA on any chart in any of the two accounts, it will copy that EA (and its settings) to the other account. What am I doing wrong? For sure there is a way to do this?
You have to have to separate installations of MT5 for each account, or use VPS for each. You can't have an EA running on a single MT5 terminal for both accounts. As soon as you switch accounts, then the EA will also switch over.

Oh god, what a terrible implementation haha. But thank you for the quick answer, I appreciate it!

Fernando Carreiro #:
You have to have to separate installations of MT5 for each account, or use VPS for each. You can't have an EA running on a single MT5 terminal for both accounts. As soon as you switch accounts, then the EA will also switch over.

It happens to me and I have problems with that. I don't understand why, today I switched account. Mind the second account, a funded account, runs on a different VPS. I logged in and one of the EA opened a position that I didn't say it should open. I don't understand how to run two different accounts on MT5 correctly without making damage. 

Please help me out with some guidance! 

I have two different VPS one on london one in NY. the EAs are the same. If want to run one ea on one account and not on the other it doesn't work. 

Everything is being transported over. (In the VPS page of course I click "only account". The eas are opening positions from the account NY to London without permissions. I want to really have indipendent accounts. without having 2 different computers ( I don't have 2 computers) 

What should I do ?

Stefano M #:

It happens to me and I have problems with that. I don't understand why, today I switched account. Mind the second account, a funded account, runs on a different VPS. I logged in and one of the EA opened a position that I didn't say it should open. I don't understand how to run two different accounts on MT5 correctly without making damage. 

I have two different VPS one on london one in NY. the EAs are the same. If want to run one ea on one account and not on the other it doesn't work. 

Everything is being transported over. (In the VPS page of course I click "only account". The eas are opening positions from the account NY to London without permissions. I want to really have indipendent accounts. without having 2 different computers ( I don't have 2 computers) 

What should I do ?

Synchronise the EA correctly on each server. If an EA is opening positions on an account where you think it shouldn't, it's bound to be because the EA/VPS is somehow misconfigured/synchronised.

Check how you have configured/synchronized the VPS's.

https://www.mql5.com/en/vps/subscriptions

Stefano M #:

What should I do ?

Sounds to me that your mt5 on your computer is opening trades, and your vps is also opening trades at same time.

my suggestion to you:

install 2 different mt5 installations. make 1 for each vps. And on each mt5, setup with your eas, then synch with the vps, then save the profile and give it a name that you will recognise as the profile that will synch. And then create a 2nd profile that has a clean chart or no charts, that you will use to just monitor the account. Do this for the 2nd install of mt5 also. Remember 1 mt5 for each vps.

But remember to change your profile to the clean profile after you synch your vps, or your profile with the eas will reload after you open mt5 again.
Reason: