Problem with requotes

Hi All,

I've been trying to test my EA's in a demo environment using MT4, and noticed a problem with requotes.  I'm basing the open buy/sell order off of the open/closed prices, so at the end/beginning of a candle (open prices only).  regardless of what I set my slippage at I'm getting requotes (I've set it as high as 999).  It doesn't requote every time, only maybe 10-20 percent of the time.

The big problem I'm having is:

A: why are the requotes happening when the slippage is within my MaxSlippage parameter?

Here's the big problem:

B:  Often times when it requotes, it takes exactly 38-40 seconds to send another instant order.  This has me baffled, as it's always a 38-40 second delay when it does this (which is often)

Example:

2022.05.04 15:03: 37.907    '410954 ': instant order sell 0.30 EURUSD at 1.06119 sl: 0.00000 tp: 0.00000

2022.05.04 15:02: 59.874    '410954': requote 1.06121 / 1.06136 for open sell 0.30 EURUSD at 1.06120 sl: 0.00000 tp: 0.00000

2022.05.04 15:02:59.661    '410954': instant order sell 0.30 EURUSD at 1.06120 sl: 0.00000 tp: 0.00000

I do have refresh rates before every order, and it's not a latency issue.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you

Something is obviously wrong with your code, but without us being able to analyse it, we cannot pinpoint a reason.

We can only guess and one of the most common mistakes is not knowing how spread affects trades, as follows:

• A buy trade will open at the Ask price, but close at the Bid price.
  • A sell trade will open at the Bid price, but close at the Ask price.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Something is obviously wrong with your code, but without us being able to analyse it, we cannot pinpoint a reason.

We can only guess and one of the most common mistakes is not knowing how spread affects trades, as follows:

• A buy trade will open at the Ask price, but close at the Bid price.
  • A sell trade will open at the Bid price, but close at the Ask price.

Thanks for the response, and yes I know that's common for people, however my buy's are opened as ask and sells as bid.  I also have this for my RefreshRates. 

Any other possibilities?

jaderogwin #: Thanks for the response, and yes I know that's common for people, however my buy's are opened as ask and sells as bid.  I also have this for my RefreshRates. Any other possibilities?

Unfortunately, without code, we cannot say much.

jaderogwin: A: why are the requotes happening when the slippage is within my MaxSlippage parameter?
The max slippage is used with Dealing Desk type brokers. Totally ignored with ECN type brokers.
           Do ECN brokers with Guaranteed Stop Loss exist? - Stop Loss - General - MQL5 programming forum (2020)
          How does a broker work? - Trend Indicators - Trading Systems - MQL5 programming forum (20.17.11.04)
          The Advantages of Trading through ECN Brokers over Market Makers - Trading Ideas - 7 November 2016 - Traders' Blogs

Thanks for this as I wasn't aware of the difference, however my broker is of the dealing desk type. I'm going to call them as I don't think it's my code.  I'm just wondering if anyone else gets a requote and then waits 30 seconds or more for the fill.  It's weird, as most of the time it requotes, it fills within a fraction of a second.  Other times it takes 38-40 seconds.  I'm also getting requotes about 50 percent of the time, regardless of how high my MaxSlippage is.
Reason: