My dissatisfaction to the strategy tester. to the MQL developers

This letter is an appeal to the MQL developers.
Because I couldn't find a department where you can write a letter. I write it here.

I have a problem with the strategy tester.

The thing is that after studying the performance of the strategy tester I came to the conclusion.

We don't get more than 70% of information to test our strategies.

Firstly, many quotes are lost for various reasons, which we don't understand, and which fall on the broker or on the connection.

But it is only 20% of the problems that can be solved by adding some data from different sources.

But there is still 50% of the information we do not get for work and that is my biggest dissatisfaction.

It's the ASK ticks.

(For those who don't know.)

All the composite ticks we have on history are just ticks on the bid. Which somehow but reduces the information by at least 50% IF bid and ask ticks coincide. But I can surprise some people ticks of bid and ask don't coincide and if they do it is very seldom!

(Continued)

The simple programs of analytical understanding made by me have shown that the market affects the asc and bid ticks very strongly.

But here's the problem. I can't find settings in the Strategy Tester that allow using both asc and bid.

I am not interested in Computers or time consumption for testing I am more concerned that I have no ASK ticks.

Therefore I ask for the possibility to use the information about the ASK in the strategy tester.

Firstly, the program itself can read the ASK from the history. And put it on the chart for corrective testing.

Also it should be possible to save all ticks on the history of both bids and Asc.

Which terminal is it?

Study MQL and write a program to save tick history as you need it.

You can probably find a ready-made tick copier in the code base.

Renat Akhtyamov:

Study MQL and write a program to save the tick history as you need it.

Most likely a ready-made ticks copier can be found in the code base.

I wrote it once, I'll find it

For fivehttps://www.mql5.com/ru/code/18046

For fourhttps://www.mql5.com/ru/code/18047

For sixhttps://www.mql5.com/ru/code/

SaveTicks
SaveTicks
  • votes: 18
  • Alexey Volchanskiy
  • www.mql5.com
Утилита предназначена для записи тиковых котировок в текстовом (CSV) и бинарном (BIN) форматах. Файлы записываются в папку MQL5\Files. Котировки пишутся с постоянной частотой выборки, что удобно для последующего анализа в математических программах. Входные параметры Recording interval - интервал записи тиков, миллисекунд; The symbols chosen...

Alexey Volchanskiy:
What terminal is it?

mt4 of course)

Vitaly Muzichenko:

mt4 of course)

I am also plagued by vague doubts )) but if a man does not ask but demands (quote"In this regard, I demand that the opportunity to give"), then you should clearly specify the TOR

otherwise, the developers are already in a hurry, a new build piling up, they have no time to guess what the Black Lord demands )))

Renat Akhtyamov:

I immediately had a strong suspicion that this post was a Friday prank ))))

If I'm not mistaken, in MT5 the tester is on real ticks, where is the bid/ask real?

Renat Fatkhullin:
If I'm not mistaken, in MT5 the tester is on real ticks, where bid/ask is real?

Renat, I'll take this opportunity to ask, since you're here. Will there be services in the new build or is it postponed for now?

Alexey Volchanskiy:

I immediately had a strong suspicion that this post was a Friday prank ))))

yeah yeah

)

Reason: