Questions from Beginners MQL4 MT4 MetaTrader 4 - page 43

Левитин Сергей В.:

History uploaded, parameters the same, full override of two MA parameters, no genetics. The link I gave above https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/3456 is the same, nothing has changed...

Try it yourself. Maybe I really have hooks in my hands...

It's just that the MT4 tester is crooked. I don't recommend using it at all. You have to constantly open the "Quote Archive" and recalculate timeframes to avoid falling into the trap of being fooled by random results. I've done tests now in MT4 and MT5. Yes, in MT5 a bit longer due to data preparation (everything is automated) and much more accurate testing.

Pay attention to many other parameters at the end of the test. Compare optimization charts, maximum results, number of deals in tests, etc. And then it will become clear that the MT4 tester just does not fit in any way.

In general, go to MT5 and do not pay attention to those seconds. Considering that with MT4 it's a waste of time, and with MT5 you get really adequate and accurate results.

And don't pay any attention to my medieval message. That was a long time ago, and besides, I was wrong then. The understanding comes with experience. )

Hello ladies and gentlemen !

I have a question - there are paid indices on the chart in a separate window.

Is it possible to receive and process data from them?

Hello, could you please tell me how to make a global variable save its value after turning the computer on and off (I turn it off on Friday and turn it on on Monday)?

iv1986:
Hello, could you please tell me how to make a global variable retain its value after I turn the computer on and off (I turn it off on Friday and on Monday)?

you can use variables like this:

https://www.mql5.com/ru/docs/globals

Документация по MQL5: Глобальные переменные терминала
Документация по MQL5: Глобальные переменные терминала
  • www.mql5.com
Глобальные переменные терминала - справочник по языку алгоритмического/автоматического трейдинга для MetaTrader 5

Игорь:

Is it possible to receive data from them and process them?

What do you mean by "paid"? Have you paid for them?

Игорь:

I didn't have any errors I was watching !

A HUGE THANK YOU everything worked at last !!!!

I'm very happy to finally get all my work done !!!

Thanks again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What was the reason after all?

Игорь:

Is it possible to receive and process data from them?

You can.

iv1986:
Hello, please advise how to make a global variable save its value after turning on and off the computer (on Friday I turn off and on Monday I turn on)?
You can, as already said above, write to the global variables of the terminal or make a record in the file, and at startup read the value back.

Renat Akhtyamov:

what was the reason after all?

The indicator was loading faster than the connection to the trading account, as a result the function AccountInfoDouble(ACCOUNT_BALANCE); returned zero, and as a result we got a division by zero error

Sergey Gritsay:
The indicator was loading faster than the connection to the trading account, as a result the function AccountInfoDouble(ACCOUNT_BALANCE); returned zero, and as a result we got a division by zero error
I got it. I didn't ask a question to you.
Reason: