No grail?

zoritch 29.04.2011 23:26

I tried all indicators that either give alerts or visual buy/sell signals, so I ran them with a straight and reverse EA where the signals just swap places...

I have run about fifty of them... Profits end up going fifty-fifty... It turns out it's all bullshit, just noise signals with no useful information...

No grail...

They say a branch will be torn down and the question is interesting to me.

First of all, what is a grail?

avtomat:
First of all, what is a grail?

Well, make up your mind ...

tara:

So, make up your mind ...

Here's what they write http://www.forexarena.ru/post-forex-foreks---v-poiskakh-graalja-1212408000.shtml :

Graal is a super profitable automated Forex trading system. Grail, as the programmer understands it, is a universal program for all occasions. Considering that Forex currency market is a mixture of various financial phenomena, from industrial and economic relations to trader's character, creation of such a system is impossible even theoretically.

So, is it possible to find the Grail after all? Or will such trading systems sooner or later lead to depletion of the balance or a broker's ban on using Forex Expert Advisors? The Grail is still a fiction, but the fact that no one has ever managed to find such a perfect system does not prove that it does not exist. Perhaps, that is why the Grail is still something both newbies and experienced internet traders search for.

yosuf: the fact that no one has ever managed to find such a perfect system does not prove that it does not exist.
That is an overstatement. It is not a fact, but merely a hypothesis.

Writing, understandably ... Looking, or doing?

Mathemat:
This is an overstatement. It is not a fact, just a hypothesis.
"If there were any grail, the market probably wouldn't exist, it would just disappear.", write here: http://www.forexvideoportal.ru/graal-foreks.html

A little at a time?

tara:

Writing, understandably ... Looking for, or doing?

Apparently, we should reject the notion of the grail as an absolutely lossless system and introduce some timeframes within which the Expert Advisor should break-even, or specify the approximate balance before and after the balance, which it should achieve in a certain period of time.

I suggest that such a grail should include Expert Advisors that prove their viability, even if in the tester at the initial stage, during 10 years with the same settings parameters. The parameters should be determined based on the first 5 years and the next 5 years should be forward with obligatory doubling (or other ratio may be chosen) of the balance achieved in the previous 5 years.

tara:

Well, make up your mind...

I made up my mind a long time ago.

But since you are interested in the question, but the definition will vary from person to person, the result will be "for better or for worse"... if you don't make up your mind right away.

Yusuf, there is no such thing as a grail.
Reason: