Competition. I will write an expert for free.

I will write a free automatic trading function for the AutoGraf 4 application.

AutoGraf 4 is an application for manual, semi-automatic and automatic order management in MetaTrader 4 client terminal.

The automatic trade management mode implies the execution of the AT automatic trade function algorithm. This is an attachable function that user can write his own code for. An AT function can contain a code of a mechanical trading system (MTS) composed according to a user's algorithm.

The purpose of the contest is to popularize the AutoGraf 4 application.

Contest conditions.

1. A user publishes his/her strategy and achieved results. An explanation of the strategy is accompanied by the text, which clearly identifies the algorithm, as well as pictures, screenshots and other demo materials.

2. There is a public discussion of the strategies. The strategy does not have to be "mind-blowing". On the contrary, conservative, sensible algorithms are welcome.

3. one or two strategies that the community thinks might be of interest are selected from all the strategies presented.

4. Programming is done by the author free of charge in a short period of time.

5. Ready to use automatic trading function with explanations and demo materials is published openly here and on the author's website.

(You can read about the custom automatic trading function here http://autograf.dp.ua/Pages/2/26/267/2671.htm)

Everyone must have been embarrassed:)

SK. писал (а) >>

I guess everyone is embarrassed :)

Apparently there are two camps:

1. Afraid their strategy will get kicked to the curb.

2. afraid that their strategy will go to the masses.

TheXpert писал (а) >>

Apparently there are two camps:

1. Afraid their strategy will get kicked to the curb.

2. afraid that their strategy will go to the masses.

I'd ask, but I don't use AutoGraf 4.

In both cases, there is really nothing to be afraid of.

It's all about showing how your algorithm fits into AutoGraf 4.

And the result of this act of goodwill will be a 2-in-1 product:

1. The AutoGraf 4 application will retain all its functionality to trade on a real account - you can move orders with a mouse and use the AutoGraf 4 tools (tools in AG 4 are algorithms to be modified, such as trailing, flipping orders, algorithms for closing by time and price, opening by time and price, pulling along arbitrary - user-defined lines, etc.).

2. The AutoGraf 4 application will execute (manage orders in your account) according to your algorithm. And you can always switch from auto- to semi-automatic mode, or simply correct an order with your mouse, without interrupting the robot's work.

Vinin писал (а) >>

I would ask, but I don't use AutoGraf 4.

That's probably because the average number of clicks per site is 4-5 per visitor. Many people just don't know what AutoGraf 4 is.

Sergei, maybe a contest is not necessary.

There are a lot of strategies being discussed on this forum. For example, there are half a dozen of them in the divergence thread. Ballistics has described its strategy in great detail. You can find other more or less conscious and conservative strategies in codebase experts. It is unlikely that anyone will want to post their strategy here, and even with a proof of its performance, so that it can be openly presented here in an automated form and become available to everyone.

In my opinion it would be more effective to make another marketing move. We have to find a profitable or even lossless, but stable, not plummeting strategy, program it and post it here as a demonstration. Then everyone can see AutoGraf 4 in action, by the example of a really working strategy. After all, the task is not to promote the strategy, but AutoGraf 4. Then the demonstration will be much more effective than just running AutoGraf, fiddling with order lines, etc.

And in the future just do (maybe for free) the programming of automatic trading functions for the AutoGraf 4 application for those who want to buy it.

By the way, as far as I understand, Ballistics is precisely potential customer #1. She trades by hand, but would already like to automate routine functions. and AutoGraf 4 is exactly what allows to combine the two features, manual and auto-trading. She doesn't seem to be a freeloader, on the contrary, she appreciates the help and goodwill of others.

Yurixx писал (а) >>

Sergei, maybe there is no need for a contest...

Yes, the competition is a bit of a mouthful. I just didn't want to do anything out of the ordinary. Especially not to use someone else's strategy without the will of its owner.

I thought that if I could find a real person with a more or less accurate strategy, it would be the right thing to do.

On the whole you are right. It might have to be done that way.

--

Dear gentlemen, ignore the word "contest". I'm just... sort of puffing up my cheeks:) It's really quite simple.

SK. писал (а) >>

Everyone must have been embarrassed:)

Sergey, you have set very strict conditions. (c) "The user openly lays out their strategy and the results achieved"

The way I see it, if there is a strategy and the results achieved to it, what's the point of programming it? Most likely it's already in the works.

МТ is first of all a great tool for studying/searching market dependencies. This is what we actually do when running the Expert Advisor in the Strategy Tester.

Therefore, I would reformulate the sentence, or rather the first point.

For example: A user proposes some trading algorithm to be tested by an Expert Advisor in the automatic mode using the AutoGraf 4 application.

And the third point will highlight the most interesting to implement. After all, the essence is not to make a profitable Expert Advisor, but to show how to easily and effortlessly implement the author's idea in the final result using AutoGraf 4.

This will require some effort on your part, because each step will need to be detailed.

OK. Let's reword it.

Dear visitors of the glorious mql4.com forum ! The proposal stands with the following changes:

On p.1. "A user suggests a trading algorithm to be tested by an Expert Advisor in the automatic mode using the AutoGraf 4 application.

--

After several hours of negotiations with the police, the terrorists softened their demands - from 2 million and a helicopter to 2 hamburgers and a bike... :)

Yurixx писал (а) >>...

By the way, as far as I understand, Ballistics is precisely the potential customer number 1. She trades by hand, but would already like to automate routine functions. and AutoGraf 4 is exactly what allows you to combine the two possibilities, manual and autotrading. Also, she doesn't seem to be a freeloader, on the contrary, she appreciates the help and goodwill of others.

Where is ballistics? Can you throw me a link to the strategy?

SK. 20.08.2008 00:40

On p.1. "A user proposes a certain trading algorithm to be verified by an Expert Advisor in automatic mode using the AutoGraf 4 application."

And also such variant. I open the strategy only to you. I do the evaluation. If everything goes well, I open accounts and post investor passwords or screenshots on the site (threads) which you will specify. One account for automatic trading, the other in the semi-automatic. You may also parallel to the championship. The strategy is strictly confidential.

What do you say?

Reason: