Failed forex strategies, opinions and reasoning.

I have a feeling many newbies follow the same path and make the same mistakes. Maybe those who have 'learned the ropes' should be advised what not to do by pointing out trading strategies in which you are disappointed.

My disappointment: martingale averaging. When I first tried forex trading in 2011, this strategy seemed to be the most attractive, but turned out to be the most destructive to the deposit.

Lilita Bogachkova:
I can't help but feel that many beginners follow the same path and make the same mistakes. Maybe those who are experienced in this should be advised what not to do, pointing out trading strategies in which you are disappointed.

It is better to discuss those that are profitable and promising, as at least 90% of them are failures.

and why only in forex?

my first failure was to go in without a stop loss on the entire deposit

Igor Yeremenko:

It is better to discuss those that are profitable and promising, as at least 90% of those that fail

And why only in forex?

my first failure was to go in without a stop on the entire depo

Thanks for the experience.
A lot has been written about finding profitable strategies, but not so much about what has disappointed.

I don't think the topic is worded quite right. Strategies can be profitable for a certain timeframe and then start to fail. So it is more correct to talk about mistakes that are made when developing trading systems. For example, a trading system can be strictly bound by some numerical parameters to the current market state. Obviously, over time, the market situation may change, but the trading system is tuned (optimized) for what has become irrelevant. As a result, if there is no possibility to change the parameters in the Expert Advisor, or if the user "overslept" the moment to change them, the Expert Advisor will "lose" money.

failure can be for two reasons:

one - non-compliance with the MM

second - a large number of trades, the deposit is eaten up by the spread and commissions.

Lilita Bogachkova:
My disappointment: martingale averaging. When I first tried forex trading in 2011 this strategy seemed to be the most attractive, but turned out to be the most destructive to the deposit.

Strangely "disappointing" - both terms (both martingale and averaging) clearly indicate a loss.

The positive expectation of the TS should be attractive, but in both these techniques the expectation is negative.

Lilita Bogachkova:
Maybe those who have been around the block should be told what not to do by pointing out the trading strategies you have become disillusioned with.
You will get a very subjective evaluation of dog eaters. Agree, the opinion of the Korean and Bulgarian ate will be very different. Not to mention the cooking quality of the same dog. Alas, popular statistics say that the ratio of quality to poor quality dog eaters on the forex market is 5 / 95

BlackTomcat:
I don't think the topic is worded quite right. Strategies can be profitable for a certain timeframe and then start to fail. So it is more correct to talk about mistakes that are made when developing trading systems. For example, a trading system can be strictly bound by some numerical parameters to the current market state. Obviously, over time, the market situation may change, but the trading system is tuned (optimized) for what has become irrelevant. As a result, if there is no possibility to change the parameters in the Expert Advisor, or if the user "missed" the moment to change the parameters, the Expert Advisor will "lose" money.
If you compare with music, I consider profitable a song that is popular a year or decades later. But I do not consider Top hits that no one remembers after six months as profitable.

Alexander Puzanov:
You get a very subjective assessment of a dog-eater. Agree, the opinion of a Korean and a Bulgarian on what they have eaten will be very different. Not to mention the cooking quality of the same dog. Alas, popular statistics say that the ratio of quality to poor quality dog eaters on the forex market is 5 / 95

From the depths of the internet:The expression "to eat a dog" on something means a person experienced in something, a connoisseur, a master. A. Potebnya believes that it originated from peasant life, in which mowing was considered one of the hardest jobs: "Only a few people know how to mow; he who has learned how to do it, copes with his work relatively quickly. An inexperienced person is so hungry for the job that he might as well eat a dog.

Lilita Bogachkova:
If you compare it with music, I consider a song that is popular in a year or decades to be profitable. But I don't consider Top hits that no one remembers after six months to be profitable.
You won't find a song that will be as popular in a few years as it was when it was released. Unless you're talking about "Happy birthday" or "Merry Christmas". The Beatles will never be as popular as they were when they were Beatlemania. So your example only confirms what I wrote above. :)
Every era has its Beatles. So you have to be able to adapt to fit the time.
Reason: