mt5/mt4?

Hello ladies and gentlemen. Please do me the courtesy of clarifying some points. From my analysis of forex trading platforms, I made a choice in favour of metatrader but an unprecedented issue arose as for me the choice of versions. Usually the choice is obvious in such a case and it is in favour of the latest version, but in this case, especially after attending a seminar and individual advice from a local forex club, everything got completely confused :(

At first I thought that such a powerful inertia of the transition from mt4 to mt5 associated with the human factor (habits, lack of time to learn, etc.) only users, but it was even greater inertia among dealing centres. When I asked at the local forexclub when I would get mt5 on the real account they just hinted to me that it will not be soon for real account, there are some problems with it and it would be better to use mt4 and Mql4. This situation is very strange.

My question is: What is the probability of such a strange event that mt5 will not take root? Mt4 will stay and develop in its own way. I think it is important to know. According to my estimations mql5 will take years to be mastered on good level and i should be sure that in a couple of years all brokerage companies will work with mt5 like they do with mt4 now.

I have already started working with MQL5 and have a good experience in this field.

Sincerely Alex.

Alex_Bondar:

Hello ladies and gentlemen. Please do me the courtesy of clarifying some points. From my analysis of forex trading platforms, I made a choice in favour of metatrader but an unprecedented issue arose as for me the choice of versions. Usually the choice is obvious in such a case and it is in favour of the latest version, but in this case, especially after attending a seminar and individual advice from a local forex club, everything got completely confused :(

At first I thought that such a powerful inertia of the transition from mt4 to mt5 associated with the human factor (habits, lack of time to learn, etc.) only users, but it was even greater inertia among dealing centres. When I asked at the local forexclub when I would get mt5 on the real account they just hinted to me that it will not be soon for real account, there are some problems with it and it would be better to use mt4 and Mql4. This situation is very strange.

My question is: What is the probability of such a strange event that mt5 will not take root? Mt4 will stay and develop in its own way. I think it is important to know. According to my estimations mql5 will take years to be mastered on good level and i should be sure that in a couple of years all brokerage companies will work with mt5 like they do with mt4 now.

I have already started working with MQL5 and have a good experience in this field.

Sincerely Alex.

What is the problem with learning both products? they are simple and identical. You may also learn the programming on the fly.

lordlev:
What is the problem with learning both products? They are simple and identical. Programming is also learned on the fly.

The platforms themselves are not an issue, not sure about mql4\mql5. 3000 pages of help of classes, functions, enumerations, variables etc. and with mql4 there is very little identical as it seems to me. The main time investment is not in the programming principles themselves which are in the first 400 pages of help, which by the way also differ from mql4 fundamentally, it's OOP anyway, but 3000 pages is a long time...

Apparently you are a person with a phenomenal memory and you say that this is "on the fly" for you. I need to know the forecast so I don't have to spend months and years studying it for nothing. And why do I need the old version if the new one is more efficient? Why not study the 3rd one too just in case.

I wonder what is the reason for the inertia of DC, about the "new" version which is already 4 years old as I understand it.

Alex_Bondar:

The platforms themselves are not an issue, not sure about mql4\mql5. 3000 pages of help of classes, functions, enumerations, variables etc. and with mql4 there is very little identical as it seems to me. The main time investment is not in the programming principles themselves which are in the first 400 pages of help, which by the way also differ from mql4 fundamentally, it's OOP anyway, but 3000 pages is a long time...

Apparently you are a person with a phenomenal memory and you say that this is "on the fly" for you. I need to know the forecast so I don't have to spend months and years studying it for nothing. And why do I need the old version if the new one is more efficient? Why not study the 3rd one too just in case.

I wonder what is the reason for the inertia of DC, about the "new" version which is already 4 years old as I understand it.

It's not about memory but understanding how the language works. Its logic. And while you are writing code just use F1 to see what you need. And write the code. That's how I learnt it. Simple reading and cramming will not help you in any way. You just need practice. By the way, there are some excellent articles in this site. Three or four articles with practice and you'll get the hang of it.

I'd recommend a 4 :) honestly. And a 5 later, when it's fat.

TheXpert:
I'd recommend a 4 :) honestly. And a 5 later, when he gets fat.
Are you suggesting that the man should just forget about the multicurrency? There's no way he'll be able to test them.

lordlev:
Are you suggesting that the man should just forget about the multicurrency? It won't work with testing.

Who won't? I will, for example.

Will you be able to test the renko strategy on the 5?

TheXpert:

Who won't? I can, for example.

Would you be able to test the renko strategy on 5?

I will if I need it. But at the moment I don't know what that means. Is that interesting? I'll read it.

TheXpert:

Who won't? I can, for example.

Would you be able to test the renko strategy on 5?

Then let me ask you a puzzle question. You must be well aware that the choice of optimization parameters in MT4 is available only for students. That's why MT5 has an opportunity to write your own optimization criterion. How can I set my own criterion in MT4? I can't even imagine that yet. And therefore I don't consider MKL4 as a serious product for development of a serious system.

lordlev:
This is why MT5 allows you to write your own optimisation criterion. How can I set my own criterion in MT4? I can't even imagine that yet. And therefore I don't see MKL4 as a serious product for developing a serious system.
It is a fool's errand. Optimisation by itself cannot make a profit. But as a secondary tool, it is functional enough on 4.

Alex_Bondar: From my analysis of forex trading platforms, I opted for metatrader

Well, if you have really chosen metatrader yourself, you are definitely on the right track. mql4 is as close to C as possible, and mql5 is similar to c++.

I do not know how they teach programming at universities now, but about 10 years ago they taught C for the first six months and then C++.

To avoid confusing you with a lot of opinions and advice, I would recommend to open source code from МТ4 and МТ5 standard delivery and make minor changes in ready code yourself. If you do not have the desire to thoroughly study the programming - MT5 has a wizard for creating Expert Advisors, maybe this will be enough.

ZS: From the wikistattia " MetaTrader " link to "The system trader and the choice of program" http://www.spekulant.ru/modules/archive/2004_07_st16.html, the comparison MetaTrader should be copied in humor :)

Системный трейдер и выбор программы - ВС. Всё о финансовых рынках.
Системный трейдер и выбор программы - ВС. Всё о финансовых рынках.
  • Акмос Трейд
  • www.spekulant.ru
Есть много программ технического анализа. Однако писать и тестировать собственные торговые стратегии можно далеко не в каждой из них. Сегодня на российском рынке программного обеспечения распространены главным образом 4 программы: Equis MetaStock, Omega ProSuite, MetaTrader и WealthLab. Во всех них имеются модули для построения и тестирования...
Reason: