What is a PUPPET?

Dear forum members, help with this question!

According to theory, a point is the minimum possible change in price. When there were four decimal places in the price, there were no questions. Now there is a fifth decimal place... I believe that a pip is the last digit. However, Alfa-Forex, Alpari (and perhaps others) argue (sent me an answer, and the site itself http://www.alfa-forex.ru/retail/conditions/) that the point is the 4th decimal place, and that the spread they have respectively ONE point, although the prices they translated with 5 and 3 characters. Is there a competent opinion on the subject? Help me to understand.

Условия для трейдеров
  • www.alfa-forex.ru
Если у вас уже есть опыт работы на валютном рынке, то вы по достоинству оцените преимущества работы с Альфа-Форекс Самые узкие спреды на рынке: EUR/USD — от 0,7 пункта Отсутствие минимального депозита Быстрый ввод и вывод средств Исполнение ордеров без проскальзываний и реквот Альфа-Форекс входит в банковскую группу в составе Консорциума...

Well, some people divide it like this: a pip is for a five digit, a point is for a four digit.

Otherwise, yes, there is some misleading of the client.

Heroix:

Well, some divide it this way: a pip is for a five digit, a point is for a four digit.

Who are these some people?

I think a point is a point, it's the last digit in the price, there is a distinction between old (4x) and new (5x) points.

Thank you all! But I understand that there is no general consensus on this issue. The reason for this, as I understand it, is the absence of any legal documents which would stipulate these issues. I will put pressure on the "kitchen" to justify their arguments.

double  Point();			

Returns the pip size of the current instrument in the quote currency. Attach the scriptto the chart -

void OnStart() { Comment( Symbol() + " " + DoubleToString( Point()) ); }

- get the result. In this case, the point size is defined by the agreement of the parties. If the paper agreement has a different pip size, you may use the results of the script if you trade through the terminal

A100:

Returns the pip size of the current instrument in the quote currency. Attach the scriptto the chart -

- get the result. In this case, the point size is defined by the agreement of the parties. If the paper agreement has a different pip size, you may use the results of the script only if you make transactions through the terminal

Thanks for the tip! I actually used MQL5 variables: point (_Point) and fixed spread (SymbolInfoInteger(Symbol(),SYMBOL_SPREAD_FLOAT)), but the answer is what it is. Maybe there are some regulatory documents???

KffAlex:
Maybe there are some regulatory documents?

There are two documents - the client agreement, where the terms are defined, and the terminal itself

For example, I have 5 digits, but deals at streaming prices (EURUSD) are multiples of 0.00005, although prices are multiples of 0.00001

P.S. nobody cancelled unfair advertising. The fixed spread of 1 pip is questionable.

The author is not shouting at the kitchen, besides, Alpari is not a kitchen for several years, which is not the case with the competitors.

Imagine a beginner who has come to earn on Forex (voluntarily give up all his savings). He has a choice. On the one hand the 4-digit kitchen says that its spread is 3 points, on the other side Alpari with 5 digits says that its spread is from 0 to 20 points.

In general, the lack of a 5th digit is the first sign that you have run into a kitchen. For an ordinary trader it doesn't matter what the 5th digit is, but cutting off the real quotes is already a fraud.

Conclusion: Point - the minimum change in the instrument price - the last sign (the 5th for most currency pairs, the 3rd for JPY). Normal companies are forced to talk about 4 digits because abnormal companies deceive their clients by cutting off quotes.

If you do not know the difference between the spread and the price you have to pay to get the best price, you cannot ask for it, you cannot ask for a fixed spread. The Ask and Bid prices are the nearest limit orders of other market participants, there is no ban on placing a limit order inside the spread and thus narrowing that spread. Again, if you are prohibited from placing limit orders within the spread, this is guaranteed to be a kitchen.

Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Состояние окружения / Информация об инструменте
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Состояние окружения / Информация об инструменте
  • www.mql5.com
Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Состояние окружения / Информация об инструменте - Документация по MQL5

The point has always been the minimum price measurement. On a five-digit symbol, the point will be 0.00001. See SymbolInfoDouble(Symbol(),SYMBOL_POINT).

But if they think differently somewhere, you should bear this in mind and speak to them in their language.

• www.mql5.com
Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Состояние окружения / Информация об инструменте - Документация по MQL5

A100:

There are two documents - the client agreement, where the terms are defined, and the terminal itself

For example, I have 5 digits, but deals at streaming prices (EURUSD) are multiples of 0.00005, although prices are multiples of 0.00001

P.S. nobody cancelled unfair advertising. A fixed spread of 1 pip is questionable

0.00005 is a tick.
Reason: