Questions from Beginners MQL5 MT5 MetaTrader 5 - page 584

volodarh:
Please tell me. Why is the strategy tester on MT5 lying about the robot's test results? The robot based on the stochastic on 100% of history on all ticks according to the test results is not making many deals, while there were clear signals for that. For example, it only makes bullish trades whereas the end of a bullish trade must be followed by the beginning of a bearish one (by crossing the signal line). On the real time chart it makes all trades as it should?
First, check the logs to see if there are any errors... Then check the logic. Then you formulate your question as correctly as possible and provide technical details and attach the code. In general, do the right thing.

Karputov Vladimir:
First check the logs to see if there are any errors... Then check the logic. Then formulate the question as correctly as possible and provide technical details, attach the code. In general, do the right thing.
Everything's fine in the log. And how do you check the logic?

volodarh:
Everything is OK in the logbook. Can you tell me how to check the logic?
Describe what is your definition of an "explicit signal"? When does it occur and under what conditions? Or maybe you only think there is a signal?

fvdtrejder:
I would also like to ask you a question. If we don't tie it to historical data at all, but just have two static arrays with a finite number of values. It can be done in MQL4?
We should use an offline chart, but we will still have to emulate time on the X-axis somehow. Or radically draw everything myself on CCanvas.

volodarh:
Everything is OK in the logbook. How do you check the logic?
Enter logging into a file and write there the values of the required variables, at which the signal should occur. This approach helped me a lot at one time to find a hard to catch error, also signals did not work.

Hello!

Can you please tell me if it is possible to remove an Expert Advisor from the chart when a certain event occurs? Or only manually?

Ivan Molchanov:

Hello!

Can you please tell me if it is possible to remove an Expert Advisor from the chart when a certain event occurs? Or only manually?

ExpertRemove

Karputov Vladimir:
ExpertRemove
Thank you!

Good day! MQL4, indicator, there is an error: "stack overflow". Possible causes and solutions, please advise.

Thank you for ignoring it, the solution has been found. The reason: repeated calling of the previous function in the next function. Remedy: Create a duplicate counterpart of the first function.

Hello Comrades! Can you please tell me what the error is, the compiler gives a warning about possible data loss(
int ts = SymbolInfoInteger(Symbol(),SYMBOL_TRADE_STOPS_LEVEL);
Reason: