Questions from Beginners MQL5 MT5 MetaTrader 5 - page 520

Any advice on how to properly package the EA for transfer to another computer?

Nickolay72:
Can you advise how to properly pack the Expert Advisor for transferring to another computer?

The most correct way is to use the Storage:MQL5 Storage: Connecting the Storage - MetaEditor in your work. In this case, your codes will always be with you anywhere in the world.

Does the Expert Advisor consist of a single file? Or it uses the included files and the custom indicators not from the standard delivery?

Karputov Vladimir:

The most correct way is to use the Storage:MQL5 Storage: Connecting the Storage - MetaEditor. In this case, your codes will always be with you anywhere in the world.

Does the Expert Advisor consist of a single file? Or uses the include files and custom indicators not from the standard delivery?

I have some doubts, I wrote my EA in a 32bit Win 7 and I need to port it to Win 8, it will work?

Nickolay72:
I have some doubts, I wrote my Expert Advisor on a 32-bit Win 7 and I need to port it to a Win 8 64 bit.

This has nothing to do with the terminal. Only the ability to use a computer.

What do you mean it didn't work? What steps did you take, in order?

Karputov Vladimir:

This has nothing to do with the terminal. Only the ability to use a computer.

What do you mean it didn't work? What are your actions, in order?

When copying to a flash drive, you get a message - "The file has properties which cannot be copied to a new location. Can I really copy this file without its properties?" In general, copying works, but install on another computer does not work.

Nickolay72:
When copying to a flash drive a message comes out - "The file has properties that can not be copied to a new location. Really copy this file without its properties? "In general, copying is copied, but install on another computer does not work.
Hmmm... I've never copied via flash drive - in my work I use only Storage:MQL5 Storage: Connecting Storage - MetaEditor.

Karputov Vladimir:
Hmm... I've never copied via flash drive - I only use Storage:MQL5 Storage: Connecting Storage - MetaEditor in my work.
I will try to use it. How do you pack EAs for distribution?

Nickolay72:
How are EAs packaged for distribution?
They sell them through the Market.

Karputov Vladimir:
Sell through the Market.
I see. Thank you.

Karputov Vladimir:
Hmmm... I've never copied via flash drive - I only use Storage:MQL5 Storage: Connecting Storage - MetaEditor in my work.

Well I guess the moderators have free storage or you have ... whatever the reason...

It's easier for me to copy via flash drive or Yandex, but I've never seen such warnings. Maybe, it's a new Windows enhancement.

Reason: