Questions from Beginners MQL5 MT5 MetaTrader 5 - page 1156

Alexey Viktorov:

It also says

Just look up PrintFormat in the documentation and ...

Thank you Alexey, that's just what we need.

Regards, Vladimir.

Know a broker where you can open a demo account and trade at the weekend? The instruments are all available.

pivomoe:
Can you tell me a broker where you can open a demo account and trade at the weekend ? I dont know why not.

By the way, we can all pitch in together and make a DC that you can trade with at the weekend :-)

Why not...but preferably a real - you do have a real ?

pivomoe:
Can you tell me a broker where you can open a demo account and trade at the weekend? Instruments of any kind.

And where will the quotes come from over the weekend? Will they be generated or provided from history - which is the usual tester.

Better take a manual trading utility and run the tester at low speed.

pivomoe:
Can you tell me a broker where I can open a demo account and trade at the weekend? Any instruments.

Any dealing that has cryptocurrency trading.

Why does the terminal hang? I just can't expand it. It's collapsed in the taskbar, I click and nothing happens. It doesn't use much memory or cpu, there is a resource there. I thought at least MT5 will not hang up. But it is the same as MT4. I do have about 20 Expert Advisors running on various charts. I have never had any special effect on them. When I remove an Expert Advisor, I have no message about unsuccessful objects or something like that.

And how to deal with incomprehensible? There is nothing special in the logs. This is a financial application and it just freezes, well, what the hell... I'm going to reboot it and I'm going to lose all the virtual stops.

Juer:

Why does the terminal hang? I just can't expand it. It's collapsed in the taskbar, I click and nothing happens. It doesn't use much memory or cpu, there is a resource there. I thought at least MT5 will not hang up. But it is the same as MT4. I do have about 20 Expert Advisors running on various charts. I have never had any special effect on them. When you remove an Expert Advisor, there are no messages about unsuccessful objects or anything like that.

And how to deal with it is unclear? There is nothing special in the logs. It's a financial application and it just hangs, what the hell... I'm about to reboot it and all the virtual stops are gone.

Now there are no ticks, no trade - so EAs should not work. This is a wake-up call - check your EAs.

The first thing to look at is Windows Task Manager - memory and CPU consumption by the terminal.

Vladimir Karputov:

Now there are no ticks, no trading - so EAs should not work. This is a wake-up call - check your EAs.

The first thing to check is Windows Task Manager - memory and CPU consumption by the terminal.

53.2 MB RAM is consumed by the terminal. AND 0% CPU. VPS machine 2gb RAM, currently using about 70%.

I just can't get it to deploy. It's not crashing, the process isn't hovering. What else should I check?

Vladimir Karputov:

Now there are no ticks, no trading - so EAs should not work. This is a wake-up call - check your EAs.

The first thing to look at is Windows Task Manager - memory and CPU consumption by the terminal.

OnTick() means it's not working. OnTimer is not in the code. Usually everything works fine. There's nothing to loop in, etc.

A LiveUpdate window has appeared suggesting a restart. Now if I click on the terminal in the task window, only this LiveUpdate window is minimised.
Reason: