A tester without internet does not work.

Without an internet connection, the tester stops working properly.

After installing Metatrader5 on one computer and transferring the whole folder of it to another computer on a flash drive, the tester starts the EA. The Expert Advisor in the Strategy Tester makes one trade and stops. Although the same Expert Advisor on a computer with permanent access to the Internet and logged on the website the test runs normally.

Metatrader 4 did not require that, it was possible to work with the strategy tester on any machine, and without a login and password. I would like MT5 to work the same way.

Maybe there is a solution to the problem?

Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Состояние окружения / Состояние клиентского терминала
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Состояние окружения / Состояние клиентского терминала
  • www.mql5.com
Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Состояние окружения / Состояние клиентского терминала - Документация по MQL5

isemaster:

Without an internet connection, the tester stops working properly.

After installing Metatrader5 on one computer and transferring the whole folder of it to another computer on a flash drive, the tester starts the EA. The Expert Advisor in the Strategy Tester makes one trade and stops. Although the same Expert Advisor on a computer with permanent access to the Internet and logged on the website the test runs normally.

Metatrader 4 did not require that, it was possible to work with the strategy tester on any machine, and without a login and password. I would like MT5 to work the same way.

Maybe there is a solution to the problem?

Did you connect to the account at least once after the transfer of the folder to another computer and did you tick the checkbox to remember the account before testing?

The point is that the terminal stores account information in a computer-dependent manner and this information is lost when you transfer it to another computer. This is done to avoid account theft.

Renat:

After transferring the folder to another computer, did you even once connect to the account and check the checkbox to remember the account before testing?

The matter is that the terminal stores the account information in a computer-dependent manner and this information is lost when transferring it to another computer. This is done to avoid account theft.

This is of course a good intention and I understand it. In some cases, even if the transferred terminal is allowed to connect to the server during the first startup, it is not possible to work with the terminal during subsequent starts without access to the server without entering the password.

There is a large class of tasks, for the solution of which the program does not need a connection to the trading server, and the result of the program's work may not depend on a particular brokerage company. These programs are indicators, not trading scripts. In general, it would be even good to have the possibility to disconnect the terminal from the Internet in the standard way by pressing a special button. For example, you can use the "internet-free" terminal to carry out heavy statistical research, train mighty networks, etc., and then put the results in the form of text files by hand to the terminal with a trading Expert Advisor running. At the same time you can keep the accounts safe.

Renat:

After transferring the folder to another computer, did you even once connect to the account and tick the checkbox to remember the account before testing?

The point is that the terminal stores account information in a computer-dependent manner and this information is lost when you transfer it to another computer. This is done to avoid account theft.

The recipe helped - a one-time connection to the server solves the problem, but as joo wrote , it's not convenient for heavy calculations and a whole other class of tasks.

Renat:

After transferring the folder to another computer, did you even once connect to the account and tick the checkbox to remember the account before starting the test?

I had MT4 on my flash drive and when I connected it to any computer the accounts were opened. But MT5 not only requires re-entering the password, it also loses all the information. I do not know how to use it. If you copy the MT5 folder to another place it will be right. But why do this if the MT remains on the flash drive and opens only from it? Couldn't we do security levels. That would be possible to remove for example a couple of checkboxes and copy it wherever you want and open it wherever you want ...

Dmitriy2:
I had MT4 on a flash drive and when I connected it to any computer, the accounts would open. But MT5 not only requires re-entering the password, it also loses all the information. I do not know how to use it. If you copy the MT5 folder to another place it will be right. But why do this if the MT remains on the flash drive and opens only from it? Couldn't we do security levels. That would be possible to uncheck a couple of checkboxes and copy it wherever you want and open it wherever you want...

In MetaTrader 4 we have long ago made computer-dependent protection of personal data with flash drive support. But in MetaTrader 5 we're not making any concessions for flash drives - account security is more important.

There are levels of protection - either you save your password with personal information (and we do our best to protect it on that computer/hardware), or you don't. We will not introduce any other security-reducing modes.

Renat:

There are levels of security - either you save your password with personal information...or you don't...

In general, it's up to the user to decide which level of security to use...

Well... Can't support for flash drives at least back for the environment... i.e.... which mcl programs have been opened by pressing f4 etc... and for demo accounts...

very inconvenient...

a flash drive with you in your pocket is the best security!!! Or is it better when you have a computer at work with a MetaTrader and saved passwords?, at home... open it for whoever wants...

Renat:

There are levels of protection - or you keep the password...

And by the way, this level does not work. Save or not save passwords, but when you switch on another computer, every time it asks which server to connect to, and then to open a new account or to enter the password anyway... this is not normal... create a request then...

Dmitriy2:

And by the way, this level doesn't work. Save or don't save passwords, but when you switch on another computer, every time it asks which server to connect to, and then to open a new account or to enter a password anyway... this is not normal... I will create a request then...

Yes.

Please describe in as much detail as possible in which folder the terminal is installed, which OS, whether UAC is enabled and in which mode you start the terminal (/portable)

alexvd:

Please describe in as much detail as possible in which folder the terminal is installed, which operating system, whether UAC is enabled and in which mode you run the terminal (/portable)

I have created a folder on my flash drive with an arbitrary name and told me to install mt there. My OS is XP home and XP pro. UAC not know what it is. I don't know portable either, I just start terminal...

Dmitriy2:

And by the way, this level doesn't work. Save or don't save passwords, but when you switch on another computer , every time it asks which server to connect to, and then to open a new account or to enter a password anyway... this is not normal... I will create a request then...

That's right - you are running it on a different computer.

Passwords and personal information are computer-encrypted, so when you transfer them to another computer they are not available. We are fighting exactly against this kind of account theft, when configuration files are copied and run on another computer.

Reason: