Machine learning in trading: theory, models, practice and algo-trading - page 3194

Well, just a little bit away from the truth of "tiki is chaos".

Progress has been made since 2016 after all.....

The truth as it seems to me is a total search of all possible signs....

It took a long time to find the right tools to create this...

All that's left is to implement it. 100 lines of code... and I don't have the energy and motivation.

I know what to do, I know how to do it, I know what libraries to use, I know that if it doesn't work, nothing will work, but every day I open my IDE, write 2 lines of code and close it... and it's been like this for months.

Burnout is a powerful thing....

How to recharge yourself, who knows?

mytarmailS #: and it's been like this for months.

Burnout is a powerful thing.....

How do you recharge yourself, who knows?

Take a few months off. I have pauses of real work from 2 to 6 mo. Right now I'm just reading/writing the forum. In autumn, when it will be cooler, we can do something serious.

Have you noticed how the thread has livened up? Is it not related to the heat? I don't want to do anything, but I can discuss it.

mytarmailS #:

The truth, as I see it, is in a total search of all possible signs....

All that's left is to implement it. 100 lines of code... and I don't have the energy and motivation.

I know what to do, I know how to do it, I know what libraries to use, I know that if it doesn't work, nothing will work, but every day I open my IDE, write 2 lines of code and close it... and so on for months now.

Burnout is emotion) a weekend to recharge is enough, it is desirable to have a complete rest from the forum, not to mention real trading. Just switch as you know how, maybe partying, alko, family, who has what..... Without overdoing it too)

And trading every day, whether you want it or not, like going to work or doing something you have to do, regardless of your mood... You need passion, then you will be motivated ;) 😈

mytarmailS #:

I know what to do, I know how to do it, I know what libraries to use, I know that if it doesn't work, nothing will work, but every day I open my IDE, write 2 lines of code and close it... and so on for months now.

You need motivation. Write articles, sell algorithms to someone. Exchange energy. It's not interesting to write in a desk. Experience is welcome, many people don't have the luxury of years of studying MO.

mytarmailS #:

It's not burnout. It's more like a bad lifestyle.

1. Run every day with heart rate = 180 - age, minimum 30 minutes, optimally 1 hour, minimum 5 times a week. There is a wonderful book (available in the wiki) by Cooper "Running for Life". It has very useful tables for controlling your running so you don't do any harm.

2. good multivitamins, 90 pcs. for a month, cost from 3000 rubles. With intervals of a week, every month.

3. A good night's sleep at night, the rebound and rise at the same time. It is desirable sleep in the afternoon.

And happiness when writing code in R! As a process, strictly according to Zhvanetsky: "The process is life, and the result is death".

Thank you all

I have another perspective on my "non-working state", lack of motivation and inability to force myself to write code....

Here is a small excerpt by Alexey from the first lecture of the series on reinforcement learning

https://youtube.com/clip/Ugkxyh2qt42DymnmbnbtE5UKMKsZWCOYI3FG

The point is that when I tested hundreds/thousands of ideas, I was always disappointed (negative reinforcement).

And now my inner adaptive critic, even at the thought of testing an idea, even at the attempt to write code, anticipates my future state (future negative reinforcement) and gives me an assessment in the form of discouragement, fatigue, unwillingness, lack of motivation, etc....

Link to the entire lecture series on reinforcement learning

https://youtu.be/0v5OwZxox7M?list=PLe0QmH-WDNYvTbx2EHPT7vuGkM5kaFb1e&t=1

Anexperiment that shows that a person cannot explain to himself the rules of operation of complex systems, including markets.

This means that a successful trader is not able to explain even to himself the rules of his TS, let alone to his students... (or rather he thinks he can, but in fact he can't). (or rather he thinks he can, but in fact he can't).

Also, we can accept the fact that automatic creation of signs can be better than manual creation (of course, taking into account the field of application).

mytarmailS #:

I have another perspective on my "non-working state", lack of motivation and inability to force myself to write code...

Here is a small excerpt from Alexey's first lecture in the series on reinforcement learning

https://youtube.com/clip/Ugkxyh2qt42DymnmbnbtE5UKMKsZWCOYI3FG

Here's another excerpt, all about the same thing.

https://youtube.com/clip/Ugkxrs0I4H2oFdoMO_2ZDkMu4Wb2WW53-BJo

Reason: