Machine learning in trading: theory, models, practice and algo-trading - page 1715

Valeriy Yastremskiy:

The price movement is determined by many factors, identify the main factors and link them to the change in price, decomposing it. In fact, this is what is done in the work. As far as I understand, the same types of price changes are selected and separated by means of the selection of decomposition. You can not understand the factors and do not know their essence, but understanding that these factors can be separated and taken into account gives a lot.

For example, if we have the volatility factor, it has a bright seasonal pattern by hours.

We can decompose volatility and find the definite cycles

then decompose the price and find the same cycles and remove them

And we can make the price cleaner and simpler.

is that what you mean?

Evgeny Dyuka:
A lot of new stuff. New Expert Advisor, 8 predictions to choose from, new neuro gives entry points.

Will there be an article?

It doesn't sound like much.)

want details)

Igor Makanu:

Good article on Habra: Do neural networks dream of electric money?

I don't suggest reading it, I left the link for myself

I know the author, he is a shady guy. He wrote this article under a different nickname. In it he just lied about his achievements, does not answer direct questions.
В поисках «Годзиллы». Нейросети и прогнозирование котировок на основе биржевых и «внешних» данных
В поисках «Годзиллы». Нейросети и прогнозирование котировок на основе биржевых и «внешних» данных
  • habr.com
Эта работа вдохновлена статьей «Мечтают ли нейросети об электроденьгах?», где автор без преувеличения талантливо в своей доходчивости объясняет, почему использование искусственных нейросетей на голых биржевых данных не приводит к успеху. Вот особенно, на мой взгляд, удачный отрывок: «Цена не формирует сама себя… Если рынок выразить как...

mytarmailS:

Will there be an article?

It doesn't sound like much.)

want details)

There will be an article.

Evgeny Dyuka:
I know the author, he is a shady guy. He had written the article under a different nickname. He just lied about his achievements, does not answer direct questions.

Yes, I read the second article as well, I didn't find it right away:

In Search of Godzilla. Neural Networks and Quotation Prediction Based on Stock Market and "External" Data

I don't know the author, but his views are close to my heart

• habr.com
Эта работа вдохновлена статьей «Мечтают ли нейросети об электроденьгах?», где автор без преувеличения талантливо в своей доходчивости объясняет, почему использование искусственных нейросетей на голых биржевых данных не приводит к успеху. Вот особенно, на мой взгляд, удачный отрывок: «Цена не формирует сама себя… Если рынок выразить как...

Valeriy Yastremskiy:

We have different ideas about technical and fundamental. Fundamental = real data expressed in socially-established criteria. Gasprom's balance sheet is fundamental data. Stock sales and quotes are technical. I'm not trying to convince you, I'm just explaining what I understand.

Is news fundamental data? If so, their digitization (for use in technical analysis) is subjective.

The balance sheet is technical data. The same as the price, the volume, the OM - they can be put directly into formulas, but statements of politicians, global and local events of various kinds that influence people's consciousness and make them reconsider the value of traded objects, are fundamental data. In short, everything that is expressed in numbers is technical data, and in words and meanings is fundamental. So I take it.

Evgeny Dyuka:
Just a neural network works in the real market as an indicator and predicts the movement of the asset well. In addition, I have one more experimental one trying to provide entry points. Here are the last four signals from the last 10 hours, all signals are public.

It looks pretty convincing.

Igor Makanu:

Yes, I read the second article as well, I didn't find it right away:

In Search of Godzilla. Neural Networks and Quotation Prediction Based on Stock Market and "External" Data

I don't know the author, but his views are close to my heart

What could be close there? There is nothing meaningful in the article, the chart is fictitious, all the calculations are wrong. It predicts the daily candlestick with great accuracy, and has 2500 vectors with 5 features in each... clown.
Author's answer to the question:

"The presented neural network in no way claims to be state-of-the-art" - it doesn't even claim to be workable.

mytarmailS:

That is, for example, we have a factor - volatility, it has a clear seasonality by hours

We can decompose volatility, find the clear cycles

then decompose the price, find the same cycles and remove them

And we can make the price cleaner and simpler.

is that what you mean ?

No, volatility is a consequence of external factors. Let me get this straight. One type of factors. But you got the idea right. There is a division into weak and strong movements. The strong movements are not divided, but even this gradation gives results.

I do not understand what I mean by removing the cycles. But if you remove them, what will be left?

Valeriy Yastremskiy:

No, volatility is a consequence of external factors. You have to be more specific. One type of factors. But the idea is correctly understood. There is a division into weak and strong movements. The strong movements are not divided, but even this gradation gives results.

I do not understand what I mean by removing the cycles. But if you remove them, what will be left?

I'm just giving an example, I don't need to remove them.

Reason: