Machine learning in trading: theory, models, practice and algo-trading - page 1595

Boris:

again we can wait for the return

It is possible to wait for the return, but in the real TS it makes no sense.

Formulate TS and you will see that to "wait" we will have to reserve such a part of capital that the profitability of the strategy on the stationary section will be miserable

Boris:
adf_test in R

That's not it, Dickey-Fuller only works for autoregressive processes.

Aleksey Nikolayev:

That's not it, Dickey-Fuller only works for autoregressive processes.

it's his problem to recognize the process, we don't put him a cotier, but a synthetic, and not really synthetic

If adf_test gives 0.01, then you can go smoke bamboo, no?

that's his problem - not mine

to determine this

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

you don't need to trade changing modes, you need to change strategies when they change. If it is scalping, there will be hundreds of trades for each one. The task is to switch the strategy in time, i.e. to determine the mode change as early as possible, or even predict it.

If you solve this problem, the Grail is certainly in your pocket

Mode change is a very controversial question

I've already asked the question - how to consider stationarity - as a moving window or an elongating row?

but let's assume it doesn't matter and we got "nonstationarity" in both cases

no one seems to have ever managed to create TS on nonstationarity

another thing is that we can try to make the forest (while we are still stationary) determine "enter or not", but I think it will be stupid or guess

We can switch the TC "backwards" when we get out of stationary, but there are no reliable statistics

although we can apply a technique where if we know we will go back to zero, we can reverse the drawdown

it's certainly not easy, but it can be done... thank you for the idea of using the old billet.

If it works, of course.

But we need to think about it

Boris:

mode change is a highly debatable question

I have already asked the question - how to consider stationarity - a shifting window or an elongating row? there are no answers

but let's assume that it does not matter and we got "nonstationarity" in both cases

no one has ever managed to create TS on nonstationarity

another thing is that we can try to make the forest (while we are still stationary) determine "enter or not", but I think it will be stupid or guess

We can switch the TC "backwards" when we get out of stationary, but there are no reliable statistics

although we can apply a technique where if we know we will go back to zero, we can reverse the drawdown

it's certainly not easy, but it can be done... thank you for the idea of using the old billet.

if it works, of course.

but I need to think about it

I prefer to count stationarity from the significant incremental lag, as in the last article. For example, lag ~24 for hourly increments is robust. Then there is no uncertainty in the choice of window.

Forest is not forest, here, for example, boosting (everything is already done) and it works until the mode is changed. When average increments happen, the model crashes, which is natural. It's amazing how long it took to figure out how much the bias of the mean (not even variance) affects tc. Dumbass.

What's missing has already been thrown around. Here is a simple example of clustering the increments (read: determining modes) and testing them on new data (3 modes found). I chose an easier one on purpose, I haven't experimented yet.

https://www.quantnews.com/k-means-clustering-creating-simple-trading-rule-smoother-returns/

In other words, for each cluster a separate model is fetched. The current cluster (mode) is defined, models are switched accordingly.

Nothing else to think about, I will have to do. K-means is not the best option, but it'll do as a test case.

Boris:

If adf_test gives 0.01, then you can go smoke bamboo, can't you?

he rejects very special cases of nonstationarity (autoregressive, SB type), and nonstationarity can be much more diverse.

The point is that, according to the Wold theorem, any stationary process can be considered autoregressive, but there are very few autoregressives among nonstationary ones.

Aleksey Nikolayev:

he rejects very special cases of nonstationarity (autoregressive, SB type), and nonstationarity can be much more diverse.

The point is that, according to the Wold theorem, any stationary process can be considered autoregressive, but there are very few autoregressive processes among nonstationary ones.

so what? let's say he rejects

and what-2?

Boris:

So what? Let's say he does.

and what-2?

What do you mean, "Suppose rejects"? Do you even know what a statistical test is, a statistical hypothesis?

Aleksey Nikolayev:

What do you mean, "Suppose rejects"? Do you even know what a statistical test, a statistical hypothesis is?

Can you answer questions without asking counter questions?

Reason: