Backtest result not the same as live trading

I have an EA which has been working for a month on a demo account. I recently tried to backtest the same interval to verify it with the live tradings from my account history and it is completely different. the data is the same and it is broker's data. What is wrong and how can I get the same results?

Each EA should be made under the trading conditions of the broker you choose to trade live. Developing and testing an EA are just simulations, and not every time an EA will produce the same results on live and demo account. Regards Greg

Hard to say... I had the same issues, and for all I tried to know, the following are some of the things that does not let it be the same;

- the "data" its not TICK DATA... u should place an add-in to use TICK-DATA

- the spreads affects it

- time to "begin operations" usually differs

- swaps

padbravo:

Hard to say... I had the same issues, and for all I tried to know, the following are some of the things that does not let it be the same;

- the "data" its not TICK DATA... u should place an add-in to use TICK-DATA

- the spreads affects it

- time to "begin operations" usually differs

- swaps

I used tick data from dukas and it is different from my broker's demo server.

Farzad Zoghi:
I have an EA which has been working for a month on a demo account. I recently tried to backtest the same interval to verify it with the live tradings from my account history and it is completely different. the data is the same and it is broker's data. What is wrong and how can I get the same results?
Farzad Zoghi:
I used tick data from dukas and it is different from my broker's demo server.

Make up your mind.

Reason: