MT5 Deriv Stop losss calculation( Volatility 75 Index)

I am using SymbolInfoDouble(Symbol(),SYMBOL_TRADE_TICK_VALUE) to calculate the loss in account currency.

In USD account it works fine other then Volatility 75 index (100X more for USD account). For EUR account it don't work at all. Please let me know if this is right thing for this purpose or any alternative to get the tick price in terms of account currency. 

Rahul Kumar Trivedi:

I am using SymbolInfoDouble(Symbol(),SYMBOL_TRADE_TICK_VALUE) to calculate the loss in account currency.

In USD account it works fine other then Volatility 75 index (100X more for USD account). For EUR account it don't work at all. Please let me know if this is right thing for this purpose or any alternative to get the tick price in terms of account currency. 

To be really close, you have to add a convertion to your account currency, or you use tick value

or you ignore the small difference 

amando:

To be really close, you have to add a convertion to your account currency, or you use tick value

or you ignore the small difference 

Thanks for reply.. How can i get conversion rate in mql5 code? After placing the order i can see it in(stop loss) chart but i don't know how can i calculate in my EA before that

Rahul Kumar Trivedi:

Thanks for reply.. How can i get conversion rate in mql5 code?

You habe to do it by yourself, there is no code for it, write it by your own

amando:

You habe to do it by yourself, there is no code for it, write it by your own

I want to write it myself and i am able to do that for forex currency pairs. I am searching for option to get the correct value(conversion rate). let me know if you can help me to find the right function.

Rahul Kumar Trivedi:

I want to write it myself and i am able to do that for forex currency pairs. I am searching for option to get the correct value(conversion rate). let me know if you can help me to find the right function.

I dont habe the formula, bcs i dont use it, but it depands on the base currency, you have to convert it to your accout currency, this is like abritiation

or you use tick value

Rahul Kumar Trivedi: I am using SymbolInfoDouble(Symbol(),SYMBOL_TRADE_TICK_VALUE) to calculate the loss in account currency.

That is one part. You are missing tick size and the size of the market move (OOP - SL).

William Roeder:

That is one part. You are missing tick size and the size of the market move (OOP - SL).

I don't get you please explain more..

My calculation is lot*(op-sl)*tickvalue*point*contractsize in nornal Forex (ex. EURUSD) I get the calculation correct. I am getting problem to calculate in deriv volatility, boom and crash.

Rahul Kumar Trivedi:

This (and probably many other threads) address your question.
Is there an universal solution for Tick value?
Is there an universal solution for Tick value?
  • www.mql5.com
I wonder how you manage the Tick value in your code. For some Symbols it is in the deposit currency but for some Symbols it is in another currency...
Reason: