MQL5 EA & Indicators from market place

Hi,

If i purchase any indicator or EA from market MQL5. Upto how many trading account i can able to use it?

shanmugapradeep:

Hi,

If i purchase any indicator or EA from market MQL5. Upto how many trading account i can able to use it?

In as many as you want on the computer(s) that you have installed it.

Activation is per computer (with hardware and OS).
So, it can be any trading accounts for 1 activation within 1 computer.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Best way to monitor EA execution remotely

Sergey Golubev, 2016.09.29 12:36

If it is about the Market so the buyer can use EA according to the number of the activations which are linked to the PC and OS:

Rules of Using the Market Service -

12. The fact of creation of a secure version of the Product for the Buyer's equipment configuration is called Activation.
13. The number of free Product Activations available to the Buyer on another PC after purchasing the Product is defined by the Seller. The minimum number of such Activations is 4.
14. The Buyer purchases the right to activate a Product as many times as specified by the Seller at the moment of purchasing or renting this Product. For example, if a Product allows 20 activations at the moment of its purchase, the Buyers can install it on 20 different hardware configurations even if the Seller will decrease this number afterwards.

So, 1 activation = unlimited using on 1 PC (one particular computer - hardware) with one OS (Operating System, for example - with Windows 8.1).

For example, if I buy your EA via the market with 1 activation so I can use it on one my PC only with my OS (Windows XP for example) only. And I can not use EA on the other computer, and I can not use EA  with same computer with different OS. So, this is the protection: even if someone can get your EA remotedly (from you or from the buyer) so he/she can not use it: he/she have to buy this EA with the activation fro the market (from you for example).

---------------

If you question is related to the coding/programming so sorry (I can not help) ...

Eleni Anna Branou:

In as many as you want on the computer(s) that you have installed it.

Means i can able to use EA/Indicator purchased from MQL5 to unlimited PC & Trading account simultaneously. Right? 

shanmugapradeep:
Means i can able to use EA/Indicator purchased from MQL5 to unlimited PC & Trading account simultaneously. Right? 
One activation = unlimited using on one PC (one particular computer - hardware) with one OS (Operating System).

Sergey Golubev:

Activation is per computer (with hardware and OS).
So, it can be any trading accounts for 1 activation within 1 computer.

This ridiculous, What if my PC crashed or Want to use with VPS etc. I need to purchase the license again & again?

It think they should limit trading account (Simultaneously) not PC/Devices.

shanmugapradeep:

This ridiculous, What if my PC crashed or Want to use with VPS etc. I need to purchase the license again & again?

It think they should limit trading account (Simultaneously) not PC/Devices.

They are limit by PCs.
Because if you have 8 or 10 activations so you can use it on 8 or 10 PCs (with as many Metatraders/trading accounts as you want).
As to VPS so - activation will not be lost in case you use MQL5 VPS (according to MQL5 VPS rules), but this kind of VPS is mostly for autotrading for example.

And read Market service Rules here.

Virtual hosting for MetaTrader 5
Virtual hosting for MetaTrader 5
  • www.mql5.com
The fastest VPS server for forex trading from the MetaTrader 4/5 terminal developers

About refund from the market - just in case you do not know.
I collected the information in one post: post  
Get in touch with developers using Service Desk!
Get in touch with developers using Service Desk!
  • www.mql5.com
Any new software inevitably contains bugs that are not always possible to detect even under the most rigorous in-house testing...

I am posting this suggestion all the time on the forum. It is related to the Signals, the Market, and to the Freelance as well - 

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Sergey Golubev, 2020.01.16 06:35

There is one rule which some people follow:
subscribe to the signal or create an order in Freelance or purchase the product from the user/seller/coder/provider you know in person or you know by activity on the forum.

Because if you purchased something so I may ask:
"Do you know the seller in person, or you are familiar with him on this forum?"
If you say: "Not" so it will be very strange case for me ...

Just my optinion.

----------------

There are a lot of professional and honest users/coders on the forum, and some of them are very active on this forum helping to the other people and replying on the forum posts/requests.

Always choose the person you know in this forum (who is very active here), and you will have much less problems with anything.

Just my opinion sorry (because I am not a coder, and I am using Freelance as well).

Sergey Golubev:

As to VPS so - activation will not be lost in case you use MQL5 VPS (according to MQL5 VPS rules), but this kind of VPS is mostly for autotrading for example.

And read Market service Rules here.

What if the VPS from other hosting provider not MQL5 VPS?. Do still same rules applied?

shanmugapradeep:

What if the VPS from other hosting provider not MQL5 VPS?. Do still same rules applied?

If the other VPS so it is the other computer, and one activation will be lost by using purchase with external VPS.
Reason: