Indicator buffer not reliable can I detect when it gives out an alert?

Hi guys,

Im using an indicator that I want to know when it prints out an arrow on he chart, so Im logging all the buffers and checking all when the event happens but nothing ever changes on the buffer, the buffer is always like this.

SmartMoneyEA1 GBPUSD,M1: Buffer 7: 0

SmartMoneyEA1 GBPUSD,M1: Buffer 6: 0

SmartMoneyEA1 GBPUSD,M1: Buffer 5: 0

SmartMoneyEA1 GBPUSD,M1: Buffer 4: 0

SmartMoneyEA1 GBPUSD,M1: Buffer 3: 0

SmartMoneyEA1 GBPUSD,M1: Buffer 2: 0

SmartMoneyEA1 GBPUSD,M1: Buffer 1: 2147483647

SmartMoneyEA1 GBPUSD,M1: Buffer 0: 2147483647

so I could use ObjectGet() maybe, but the arrow name is unpredictable, o now Im thinking that I can set the alerts to true and maybe there is some getAlert() or something along those lines that I could use on my EA.

Thank you

No such thing.

angomes:

Hi guys,

Im using an indicator that I want to know when it prints out an arrow on he chart, so Im logging all the buffers and checking all when the event happens but nothing ever changes on the buffer, the buffer is always like this.

SmartMoneyEA1 GBPUSD,M1: Buffer 7: 0

SmartMoneyEA1 GBPUSD,M1: Buffer 6: 0

SmartMoneyEA1 GBPUSD,M1: Buffer 5: 0

SmartMoneyEA1 GBPUSD,M1: Buffer 4: 0

SmartMoneyEA1 GBPUSD,M1: Buffer 3: 0

SmartMoneyEA1 GBPUSD,M1: Buffer 2: 0

SmartMoneyEA1 GBPUSD,M1: Buffer 1: 2147483647

SmartMoneyEA1 GBPUSD,M1: Buffer 0: 2147483647

so I could use ObjectGet() maybe, but the arrow name is unpredictable, o now Im thinking that I can set the alerts to true and maybe there is some getAlert() or something along those lines that I could use on my EA.

Thank you

Show the Data Window and use the crosshair, it is possible to have more than 8 buffers, that is an old limitation.

William Roeder:
No such thing.

very helpful indeed

John Davis:

Show the Data Window and use the crosshair, it is possible to have more than 8 buffers, that is an old limitation.

Really? Ive never opened data window before, not sure how Id use the crosshair here but ill figure it out, thanks

angomes: very helpful indeed

You want the truth, or sugar coating?

William Roeder:

You want the truth, or sugar coating?

I want solutions if I cant get access to the alerts there must be some workaround that

angomes:

Really? Ive never opened data window before, not sure how Id use the crosshair here but ill figure it out, thanks

DATA WINDOW

Nothing really gets shown here

angomes: I want solutions if I cant get access to the alerts there must be some workaround that

You can't handle the truth. What part of "No such thing (getAlert)" is not understandable by you? There is no workaround. Your question has been answered multiple times. Deal with it. You can want all you want; I want $million — not likely to happen.

William Roeder:

You can't handle the truth. What part of "No such thing (getAlert)" is not understandable by you? There is no workaround. Your question has been answered multiple times. Deal with it. You can want all you want; I want $million — not likely to happen.

yeah yeah just watch me do it then

Reason: