Automated Trading Championship 2011: A New Battle!

We are pleased to announce that the annual Automated Trading Championship will necessarily be conducted in 2011. Hundreds of trading robots, new automated trading systems and original solutions - we will definitely see it all during the Automated Trading Championship 2011!

The competition is conducted exclusively for trading robots written in MQL5. Like a year ago, anyone can participate in the Automated Trading Championship 2011. This is a great chance to compete for the prize money of $80,000 and prove that you are the Best Developer of Expert Advisors 2011!

Follow the news.

Great.

Could you possibly consider one change to the rules? I mean allowing up to 10 include files instead of just 5. 

We are discussing all the details of upcoming event (dates, rules, marketing coverage and so on). If you have some suggestions, post them. But please do not forget about argumentation - it will significantly increase the chance of your suggestion approval.

when will it start ?

More currency pairs to choose from would be a good idea. I mean NZD ones.

To prepare for the contest, the highly anticipated and long overdue MT-5 Visual Tester would be a good EA development tool.

wackena:
To prepare for the contest, the highly anticipated and long overdue MT-5 Visual Tester would be a good EA development tool.

agreed, this is a most..

And by the way would anybody go live with a MT5 EA without passing it trough the visual mode in the tester ? this is really risky to me 

On the subject of adding more pairs, I would like to alternatively request the addition of a selection between different symbol types. We should be able to choose any of the instruments MT5 supports to best demonstrate its abilities.

To rephrase: relax ATC rules to consider trades placed on Gold, Silver, Oil, and equity indices as basics. Forex, too!

Further advancement of strategy logic to portfolio-level management should help attract other types of investors and traders. After following the contest, hopefully they will generate more work for MQL5 programmers. :) New opportunities for money management and signal confirmation present themselves in this simple request.

To clarify the definitions of symbols to trade, I would like to see the rules specify the limits in a 2-tier way. One cap on the number of symbols to trade, and a separate restriction on the number of symbols analyzed. This will invite basic forms of fundamental analysis to an automated setting, where EAs can choose to measure symbols' relationship to one another.

For now, we dont see any reason to extend the list of securities. As you may see from our survey only four of twelve securities  are used frequently. Moreover, EURUSD was the favorite by trades amount, leaving far behind all the rest symbols. Do you think that extended list of securities will give some benefits?

Lenar:

For now, we dont see any reason to extend the list of securities. As you may see from our survey only four of twelve securities  are used frequently. Moreover, EURUSD was the favorite by trades amount, leaving far behind all the rest symbols. Do you think that extended list of securities will give some benefits?

That's because during ATC2010, the multi-currency EA testing was still kinda buggy and some traders (including me) decided to go with one pair (EUR/USD in most cases). If we have a nicely working multi-currency trading and testing during ATC2011, more currency pairs would definitely help.

Lenar:

is there any credible release date of visual mode of strategy tester?

Reason: