Off-topic posts - page 83

Hiteshkumar Shah #: Hi - I noticed that most signal providers show accounts which started in 2021 or 2022. Is there a good reason for this? Or is it that they have been through a rough patch or blown the account and closed this and restarted? Thoughts appreciated. Thanks

Please don't hijack unrelated thread for your own topics.

The reason is simple — most signals fail due to bad and risky trading and poor money management.

They are mostly amateurs, and when their accounts blow up, they then start new ones and repeat the cycle.

I'm trying to download to the platform the average crossover points I'm new at this I'm just trying to figure out how to do that exactly. In the market there's a free when the easy something cross over I'm trying to figure out how to do this can somebody please help me

I'm having the same problem with the following MT4 code. I would like it to stay green on top and red when it is below. Is this possible?

//+--------------------------------------------------------------------+
//|          DPO - Detrended Price Oscillator Histo and smoothing.mq4  |
//+--------------------------------------------------------------------+
// 
#property description "MT4 Code by Max Michael 2022"
#property indicator_separate_window
#property indicator_buffers 4
#property indicator_color1  Green
#property indicator_width1  3 
#property indicator_color2  Red
#property indicator_width2  3
#property indicator_color3 Blue
#property indicator_width3  1
#property strict

extern int     Length = 21;
extern int  Smoothing = 30;
extern int    MaxBars = 500;

double histo_up[], histo_dn[], dpo[], ema[];

int init()
{
   SetIndexBuffer(0,histo_up); SetIndexStyle(0,DRAW_HISTOGRAM); SetIndexEmptyValue(0,0);
   SetIndexBuffer(1,histo_dn); SetIndexStyle(1,DRAW_HISTOGRAM); SetIndexEmptyValue(1,0);
   SetIndexBuffer(2,dpo);      SetIndexStyle(2,DRAW_LINE);      SetIndexEmptyValue(2,0);
   SetIndexBuffer(3,ema);      SetIndexStyle(3,DRAW_NONE);      SetIndexEmptyValue(3,0);
   string short_name = "DPO("+string(Length)+")";
   IndicatorShortName(short_name);
   SetIndexLabel(0,short_name);
   if(MaxBars>Bars-1) MaxBars=Bars-1;
   SetIndexDrawBegin(0,Bars-MaxBars+Length+1);
   return(0);
}

int start()
{
   int CountedBars=IndicatorCounted();
   if (CountedBars<0) return(-1);
   int limit = Bars-CountedBars-1;
   if (limit > MaxBars) limit=MaxBars;
   int ma_per = Length/2+1;

for(int i=limit; i>=0; i--)
   {
      dpo[i] = Close[i] - iMA(NULL,0,Length,ma_per,MODE_SMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i);
   }

for (int i=limit; i>=0; i--)
   {
      ema[i] = iMAOnArray(dpo,0,Smoothing,0,MODE_EMA,i);
   }

for(int i=limit; i>=0; i--)
   {   
      if (dpo[i] > 0) { histo_up[i]=ema[i]; histo_dn[i]=0; }
      else            { histo_dn[i]=ema[i]; histo_up[i]=0; }
   }
   return(0);
}

Grasshopper King #: I'm having the same problem with the following MT4 code.
  1. Why did you post your MT4 question in the MT5 Indicators section instead of the MQL4 section, (bottom of the Root page)?
              General rules and best pratices of the Forum. - General - MQL5 programming forum? (2017)
    Next time, post in the correct place. The moderators will likely move this thread there soon.

2. Don't Hijack other threads for your off-topic post. Next time, make your own, new, thread.

Keith Watford #:
Comments that do not relate to this topic, have been moved to "Off Topic Posts".
In desperate need of help from anyone out there in the MetaTrader world. My broker is fxstarbots and they refuse to release my funds of 1.69 million to me and now I have no access to there customer service platform but have screen snap shotted all their website inside and out and all my transactions in meta5 platform. Anyone that can help me will be paid for their time that helps me out with any information leading to funds released. Name is Derrick. 

1Wizbang #:
In desperate need of help from anyone out there in the MetaTrader world. My broker is fxstarbots and they refuse to release my funds of 1.69 million to me and now I have no access to there customer service platform but have screen snap shotted all their website inside and out and all my transactions in meta5 platform. Anyone that can help me will be paid for their time that helps me out with any information leading to funds released. Name is Derrick. 

A simple online search with the term "starbotsfx" can tell you that you've been scammed.

How did you choose this broker?

Is it well known, highly rated by other users or regulated?

They don't even have a website...

I am afraid there isn't anything you can do except contact your country's financial fraud department or police.

Keith Watford #:
Comments that do not relate to this topic, have been moved to "Off Topic Posts".
How do I set up a slipping robot? Thx. 

Aleksandar Aksentijevic #:
How do I set up a slipping robot? Thx. 

What is a slipping robot?

Eleni Anna Branou #: What is a slipping robot?
https://youtu.be/3BlYq3jO6xw
Robot Dog Slips on Banana Peel
Robot Dog Slips on Banana Peel
  • www.youtube.com
See the entire clip at https://youtu.be/tf7IEVTDjng?t=1m27s

Ha ha ha, that was really funny William!

Reason: