Off-topic posts - page 110

2088730236 #:

Hello everyone I am new here. I kindly need help on how to use  a demo trader account. I am new to this

Find Metatrader broker (there are a lot of Metatrader brokers, use google to find), and open the account according to their condition on their websites.
Try with demo first.

1. The article - MQL5.community - User Memo 

2. MetaTrader 5 Help - Open an Account

3. Where Do I start from?
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/212020 

4. MetaTrader 5 Help - Trading Platform — User Manual 

5. How to make a search on the forum
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/193510 

6. Find a Server by the Broker's Name: 
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/214820

MQL5.community - User Memo
MQL5.community - User Memo
  • www.mql5.com
You have just registered and most likely you have questions such as, "How do I insert a picture to my a message?" "How do I format my MQL5 source code?" "Where are my personal messages kept?" You may have many other questions. In this article, we have prepared some hands-on tips that will help you get accustomed in MQL5.community and take full advantage of its available features.

I have problem with my real account please help me 

Simanavincent99 Siimana #: I have problem with my real account please help me 

Help you with what? Only your broker can do anything with your account.

MetaQuotes #:

Amazing RSI trading bot in mql5! | MT5 programming

Amazing RSI trading bot in mql5! | MT5 programming

Hey, this is Toby, and today I'll show you how to code a strategy with a 100% win rate. In this tutorial, we'll modify an existing Expert Advisor (EA) and add a filter to the RSI indicator. I'll guide you through the coding process step by step. Let's get started!

Step 1: Setting Up the Strategy We'll be working in the MetaEditor. Open the EA we created in the previous video. If you haven't watched it yet, I'll link it for you to catch up. Save the file with a new name, such as "RSI_MA_Filter_EA".

Step 2: Modifying the Inputs To implement the filter, we need to add a moving average period input. We'll also include an input for the time frame on which the moving average runs. We'll keep the stop loss, take profit, and opposite signal inputs as they are.

Step 3: Adjusting Global Variables In the global variables section, we need to rename the handle and buffer for the RSI indicator to differentiate them from the moving average. We'll add a handle and buffer for the moving average. Additionally, we can remove unnecessary variables related to open time buy and open time sell.

Step 4: Making Changes in the onInit Function In the onInit function, we'll add a check for the moving average period input. We'll also modify the RSI handle to use the price open instead of price close. Then, we'll create the handle and buffer for the moving average indicator.

Step 5: Updating the Untick Function Within the untick function, we'll first check if the current tick is a new bar open tick. If not, we'll return and wait for the next bar open tick. We'll add a custom function to perform this check. Then, we'll retrieve the values for the moving average and store them in the buffer. We'll also adjust the conditions for opening buy and sell positions to include the moving average filter.

Step 6: Compiling and Testing After making all the necessary changes, we'll compile the code to check for any errors. If everything compiles successfully, we can proceed to test the EA in the strategy tester. We'll run a visual test using historical data from 2012 to the present, selecting appropriate inputs for RSI and moving average periods, stop loss, take profit, and the option to close trades on an opposite signal.

By following this tutorial, you've learned how to code a strategy with a 100% win rate. We modified an existing EA and added a moving average filter to the RSI indicator. Remember to save your file and compile it without any errors. You can now test the strategy in the MetaTrader 5 platform using the strategy tester. Good luck with your future coding endeavors!

Good evening sir
I followed your coding successfully but does not buy or sell my EA on tester

Anyone with that indicator
Files:

unresolved extern variable 'a'

WHY?? Please help me, thanks

#property copyright "Copyright 2023, MetaQuotes Ltd."
#property link      "https://www.mql5.com"
#property version   "1.00"

extern int a;
extern int b;
int c;

int OnInit()
  {

a=5;
   b=4;
   c=a+b;
   Print(c);

return(INIT_SUCCEEDED);

}

Improperly formatted code corrected by moderator. Please always use the CODE button (Alt-S) when inserting code.

Code button in editor

Incodemy #: unresolved extern variable 'a'. WHY?? Please help me, thanks

Is this MQL4 or MQL5? Is this ChatGPT generated code?

On MQL5, "extern" has a different meaning. You probably meant to use "input" instead.

Documentation on MQL5: Language Basics / Variables / Extern Variables
Documentation on MQL5: Language Basics / Variables / Extern Variables
  • www.mql5.com
Extern Variables - Variables - Language Basics - MQL5 Reference - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5

@Dcfx7537 #: Anyone with that indicator
The mobile MetaTrader app does support custom indicators. Those are just manually placed graphical objects.

I can't buy any indicator ? Why?????

Hello, how can I find the account I want to copy from?
Reason: