Unable to instal MT4.

Hello there. 

I have been unable to install MT4 on my HP laptop.

There is no error message not even error code just text on install window "Sorry, something went wrong: Try again later!"

Going trough posts I did not find any that would match my problem.

Has anyone else been experiencing these sorta problems and if so could you shed a light on possible solutions ?

Thank you and good day.  

EdijsMiezitis:

Hello there. 

I have been unable to install MT4 on my HP laptop.

There is no error message not even error code just text on install window "Sorry, something went wrong: Try again later!"

Going trough posts I did not find any that would match my problem.

Has anyone else been experiencing these sorta problems and if so could you shed a light on possible solutions ?

Thank you and good day.  

What windows version are you using?

Restart your laptop and try installing MT4 again or from another broker.

Eleni Anna Branou:

What windows version are you using?

Restart your laptop and try installing MT4 again or from another broker.

Thank you for quick response. Im running on Windows 10. 

I have been trying to install it for 2 days now. Restarting is not helping. And having same issues from another brokers too. 

MT5 installed without a problem tho… Weird...

EdijsMiezitis:

Thank you for quick response. Im running on Windows 10. 

I have been trying to install it for 2 days now. Restarting is not helping. And having same issues from another brokers too. 

MT5 installed without a problem tho… Weird...

You are trying to install a MT4 terminal, downloaded from some broker's website, right?

Because MT4 is not available through Metaquotes anymore.

Maybe some anti-virus software is blocking the installation.

You could stop your anti-virus software for a while, install MT4 and turn it back on.

Eleni Anna Branou:

You are trying to install a MT4 terminal, downloaded from some broker's website, right?

Because MT4 is not available through Metaquotes anymore.

Maybe some anti-virus software is blocking the installation.

You could stop your anti-virus software for a while, install MT4 and turn it back on.

Yep. Anti virus is not helping.. Hmm just noticed that its downloading 32 bit version althou my Laptop runs on 64 bits. I reckon I should contact my broker for 64 bit version. 

EdijsMiezitis: Hmm just noticed that its downloading 32 bit version althou my Laptop runs on 64 bits.

Irrevalent; Windows runs 32 bit programs just fine.

I go on the metatrader website to install MT4 but it ends up installing MT5, everytime.

lendog #: I go on the metatrader website to install MT4 but it ends up installing MT5, everytime.
MT4 is only available from a broker's website.

I have the same problem. When I download mt4, it installs mt5. Any resolutions yet?

Arno Olivier #: I have the same problem. When I download mt4, it installs mt5. Any resolutions yet?

Please read the post before yours!

Have anybody solved this, I have the same excact problem. Tried everything.
Reason: