Does Buying EA Give you Access to Code Base?

I'm new to MetaTrader and the community and was wondering if I spend money to purchase an EA, do I get access to the code base? I know that there are various parameters that can be set for different scenarios, but I'm talking about the core code base. Basically, I want to know if I can take(by purchasing) someone else's strategy and modify it for my own purposes or would I instead have to build it from scratch?

Thanks.

If you purchase an indicator or EA from the market, you will not get the source code.

If you have one developed in the freelance section you can specify that you will require the source code.

classyguy28:

I'm new to MetaTrader and the community and was wondering if I spend money to purchase an EA, do I get access to the code base? I know that there are various parameters that can be set for different scenarios, but I'm talking about the core code base. Basically, I want to know if I can take(by purchasing) someone else's strategy and modify it for my own purposes or would I instead have to build it from scratch?

Thanks.

Codebase - Codes posted by users and they are totally free to use, simply download what you looking for in that area. But please be careful as many of codes are not complete and the code itself can contain many errors….Sometimes it's Projects that never became what they should be. Running thoose on real accounts is not an option until you really checked they work 100% and tested on demo first!

MQL5 Codebase

Good luck

Kenneth Parling:

Codebase - Codes posted by users and they are totally free to use, simply download what you looking for in that area. But please be careful as many of codes are not complete and the code itself can contain many errors….Sometimes it's Projects that never became what they should be. Running thoose on real accounts is not an option until you really checked they work 100% and tested on demo first!

MQL5 Codebase

Good luck

I don't think that  the MQL5 Codebase is being referenced here. I think that it is the base code (ie source file) for a purchased EA from the market.

Keith Watford:

I don't think that  the MQL5 Codebase is being referenced here. I think that it is the base code (ie source file) for a purchased EA from the market.

Yes i notice that it was the mq4/mq5 code he was talking about so in that case it’s not possible  to get 😉
Reason: