METATRADER 4 stopped working on the latest update of windows 10

Hello,

I am facing an issue lately with opening or installing MetaTrader 4 from any broker to my laptop with the latest windows update. any suggestions?

when installing message appear <<Sorry, something went wrong: try again later! >>

and when trying to open a message pops up saying that the terminal.exe cannot be found.

charbel82:

Hello,

I am facing an issue lately with opening or installing MetaTrader 4 from any broker to my laptop with the latest windows update. any suggestions?

when installing message appear <<Sorry, something went wrong: try again later! >>

and when trying to open a message pops up saying that the terminal.exe cannot be found.

Uninstall the terminal and its settings, then download it again from your broker and install it again.

Hello Eleni,

I have tried it already and no  success same issue.

charbel82:

Hello Eleni,

I have tried it already and no  success same issue.

Then maybe someone else who encountered the same issue can help.

any other expert suggestions ?? or if anyone has the same issue to give us his feedback.

this is really urgent for me !!!

thanks in advance.

Time to move to MT5.

Or you could try to downgrade your windows to version 7.

charbel82:

any other expert suggestions ?? or if anyone has the same issue to give us his feedback.

this is really urgent for me !!!

thanks in advance.

I'm currently running the following without any problems:

• Windows 10 Pro (Version 1803 Build 17134.286)
  • MetaTrader v4 (Build 1126) in portable mode
  • MetaTrader v5 (Build 1881) in portable mode
What Build of Windows 10 and MetaTrader are you using?

I am not an expert with Windows 10 sorry ... but I found something which may help to you (i hope) - 

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

MT4 Terminal won't open

MetaQuotes Software Corp., 2009.06.22 15:56

Please try to reinstall you client terminal into "My Documents" folder and check all Expert Advisors and custom indicators that you use.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

MT4 Terminal won't open

trevorrees, 2016.08.14 01:57

I had a problem where it would crash before starting up. Reinstalling didnt work nor did resetting the pc. However [in win 10] all you need to do is right click the program and run as administrator and it seems to have bandaided the situation and works fine after that. I found that going into the properties of the shortcut then compadability settings and down the bottom was an option to always run as administrator. havent had another problem yet.

Fernando Carreiro:

I'm currently running the following without any problems:

• Windows 10 Pro (Version 1803 Build 17134.286)
  • MetaTrader v4 (Build 1126) in portable mode
  • MetaTrader v5 (Build 1881) in portable mode
What Build of Windows 10 and MetaTrader are you using?

hello 

my windows is  :Windows 10 Home (Version 1803 Build 17134.286)

MetaTrader v4 (Build 1090) 

charbel82:

hello 

my windows is  :Windows 10 Home (Version 1803 Build 17134.286)

MetaTrader v4 (Build 1090) 

Update your MetaTrader v4 build to the latest. That build is too old!

Sergey Golubev:

I am not an expert with Windows 10 sorry ... but I found something which may help to you (i hope) - 

Thank you, I tried both solutions and neither worked, I found that my broker MetaTrader v4  is(Build 1090), dunno if that could help me to find the solution as this is not the latest v4 build published.!
Reason: