Experts: Self Optimizing RSI or MFI Trader - page 2

alphatrading:
There is a coding  bug in lines 137 to 142. Because of missing brackets the conditional expressions don't evaluate as intended. As the effect the EA always uses the RSI indicator for the previous bar, regardless the settings.

Added the recommend brackets, should perform properly now. Linked is the updated file, I've also sent it to MetaTrader to get the main code updated.

John Davis:

Hi, John.

On which line do i enter the top and bottom values to cross over to initiate buys/sells?

Having trouble finding it as im new to this. 

Cheers

hwin:

Hi, John.

On which line do i enter the top and bottom values to cross over to initiate buys/sells?

Having trouble finding it as im new to this. 

Cheers

So the way it works is as so, you enter the top most value you would enter a trade at and also the bottom most in the following section of input parameters:

• Index_Indicator_Values
    • Choose which index indicator to use - choose which index indicator to use.
    • Top most value you would trade at- default value is 100.
    • Bottom most value you would trade at - default value is 0.
From there using optimization it determines where to actually trade at. 

John Davis:
So the way it works is as so, you enter the top most value you would enter a trade at and also the bottom most in the following section of input parameters:

• Index_Indicator_Values
    • Choose which index indicator to use - choose which index indicator to use.
    • Top most value you would trade at- default value is 100.
    • Bottom most value you would trade at - default value is 0.

From there using optimization it determines where to actually trade at. 

Thats what i believed you meant by your instructions when you open the bot, but it wasn't initiating any buy or sell positions on my charts so i assumed i hadn't followed them correctly.

I had them on 100 and 0 which was recommended, but for some reason its still not working. Do i need to open an RSI indicator on each chart i open the EA on? What could be preventing it from working?

hwin:

Thats what i believed you meant by your instructions when you open the bot, but it wasn't initiating any buy or sell positions on my charts so i assumed i hadn't followed them correctly.

I had them on 100 and 0 which was recommended, but for some reason its still not working. Do i need to open an RSI indicator on each chart i open the EA on? What could be preventing it from working?

Hmm... it seems like you understand the instructions properly. Have you made any other adjustments to the inputs? Are you receiving any error messages?

I would suggest you go ahead and download version 2 and try ruining a test without changing any of the initial inputs. If that works then it must be one of the changed settings causing the malfunction. If you could upload your *.set file I could run it on my machine to see if I receive the same response you get. I've attached a test set file to this reply.

Files:
testSet.set  1 kb

Hi, I installed the EA and it does not open operations for me. He has happy face and activated dll and does nothing. Is a specific amount of money required in the account for the EA to operate? Excuse me, I use the google translator.

oskarf:
Hi, I installed the EA and it does not open operations for me. He has happy face and activated dll and does nothing. Is a specific amount of money required in the account for the EA to operate? Excuse me, I use the google translator.

Hi, no it does not require a specific amount of money to operate, are you receiving any error codes in the expert or journal tab?

Hi John,

I use your EA, and since I still not a professional trader, you EA was very helpful.

By checking your code, I found an error on your code  line ----> "Place comments on chart".

It should read "Buy Order" on the aggressive mode when "sellProfits<buyProfits", please check it out.

I have make my own correction, thanky you John.

Eko Trisnanto:

Hi John,

I use your EA, and since I still not a professional trader, you EA was very helpful.

By checking your code, I found an error on your code  line ----> "Place comments on chart".

It should read "Buy Order" on the aggressive mode when "sellProfits<buyProfits", please check it out.

Could you upload the EA with your correction?

Eko Trisnanto:

Hi John,

could you pls explain the exact details?
Reason: