Attention Admins & Moderators: Site is deleting text from posts in Forum and in Freelance.

Attention Admins & Moderators!

The website is deleting the text from recent posts in various threads on the forum and in the Freelance and probably other areas too.

Here are some examples:

invalid lots amount for free margin check function
invalid lots amount for free margin check function
  • www.mql5.com
I got this error during auto validation: invalid lots amount for free margin check function And the developer who made this EA could not resolve it...

I think - it may be some upgrading (regular one) of the site.
I just hope that the developers knows about.. 

Sergey Golubev:

I think - it may be some upgrading (regular one) of the site.
I just hope that the developers knows about.. 

I have already sent a message to service desk as well!

Fernando Carreiro:
I have already sent a message to service desk as well!

I think - they knows..

Jose Francisco Casado Fernandez:
I've noticed that you've participated much less in the forum lately, maybe it's because of that?

Not really. Mainly due to lack of time and lack of interest. I am not much motivated to read and answer 100 times the same things.

But Fernando is right, this lost of content happens in all section of the site, including private messages

Alain Verleyen:

Yeah they always know. But still it happens again and again. I never saw that anywhere, Metaquotes completely doesn't care about users and/or is driven by incompetency.

At least if it happens, a serious practice would be to communicate with people and eventually to apologize.

But NOTHING.

My apologies, but this post will be somewhat of a rant! Hope it does not go against the rules!

I will be honest, over the last month or so I have been seriously contemplating moving over to a different Trading Platform, because of these types of issues.

• Their support system (Service Desk), is slow to respond (if at all).
  • They don't have bug tracking or even acknowledged them when reported, or even attempt to rectify problems in a timely fashion.
  • They don't survey users before or after changes are made and don't listen to users. They don't even communicate things with users in an open fashion, and many times we learn about them "via the grapevine" from other users instead of official communications.
  • This website, its bugs and issues, and the very fact that they don't follow the norms and standards, reflects on the type of code we can expect from what is implemented in MetaTrader itself (be it v4 or even more so, v5).

Yes, they have a HUGE market share and very large collection of Indicators and EAs available both here and within the community.

However, I am at a point in my trading and profitability, that it no longer matters what tools or programming language I use. Even if it takes me a while to learn a new platform (or even a new API or language), as long as I have a decent broker and decent trading conditions, my trading experience and knowledge is no longer limited by which platform I choose to use. Actually my current brokers already offer other platforms of interest so switching over is not even a big issue on that end.

Sorry for the rant! Just needed to get it off my chest!

Alain Verleyen:

Not really. Mainly due to lack of time and lack of interest. I am not much motivated to read and answer 100 times the same things.

But Fernando is right, this lost of content happens in all section of the site, including private messages

Yes, it is true, it is frustrating to answer 100 times the same questions and that almost nobody uses the search function. About the deleted messages, it is incomprehensible. Regards
Reason: