Upgrade Line Chart with Dots (MT4)

It's always tiring to hover mouse cursor over strings of points to locate close price. Wouldn't it be cool if MetaTrader ploted small dots at close price? Well, no need to wait for MT5 for such feature. Download yourself CloseDots indicator and plot it on any chart.

Line Chart

Line Chart with CloseDots

Files:
CloseDots.mq4  2 kb

scorpion:
It's always tiring to hover mouse cursor over strings of points to locate close price. Wouldn't it be cool if MetaTrader ploted small dots at close price? Well, no need to wait for MT5 for such feature. Download yourself CloseDots indicator and plot it on any chart. Line Chart Line Chart with CloseDots

Hi,

we must be careful with this kind of decorative tools other wise a newbie might think those dots as signals and trade it . Good lucks Good Trading to all

Nah! i don't think anyone falls into that.

Open Dots?

You can open up the mq4 file. Change all word "Close" to "Open", save the file as OpenDots.mq4 and compile (Press F5).

And you've created your very first indicator, congrats!

look good Dots Chart

It's really great. I was looking for that as some other advanced platforms having that. Thank you.

Monitor Investor #:
would be nice to control how many of previous closes dots it shows. Showing all is very noisy on chart and almost useless. Example show last two(2) close dots.

That one is sorted;

@ the line saying;   int i = Bars;

change the "Bars" to say 2 to show last 2 closes, 1 for last close.

And addendum; to change dot color, change both lines below to your preferred color recognized by MQL4;

#property indicator_color1 Yellow

SetIndexStyle(0,DRAW_ARROW,STYLE_SOLID,1,Yellow);

BUT...there is new annoyance!

I don't want to see the currently forming bar's close as it is dynamic till the current bar is CLOSED. How do I get rid of it showing the currently dynamic CLOSE?

I have played with the buffer value and few other places, i still can't get rid of the currently forming bar's close dot. YELP!

hi..do you have for MT5?
Reason: