Programmers Contest : Who can find more bugs in less time. Are you interested to participate ?

• 63% (41)
  • 37% (24)
Total voters: 65

If there are enough people interested, it could be funny to organize a little contest of programming. The idea is to provide some codes and participant have to find and correct all the bugs the can find. Any idea is welcomed.

angevoyageur:
If there are enough people interested, it could be funny to organize a little contest of programming. The idea is to provide some codes and participant have to find and correct all the bugs the can find. Any idea is welcomed.
Yes, great!

Maybe a better/simple idea would be give one simple code with just one bug. So the first one to see it win. The main problem I see on this approach is that you must define a GMT time to start the contest, to everyone start at the same moment.

Sorry im interested but I can't participate. Anything I post strangely becomes a double post so decide to stay low.

figurelli:
Yes, great!

Maybe a better/simple idea would be give one simple code with just one bug. So the first one to see it win. 

We have to found the good formula about the code/bug.

The main problem I see on this approach is that you must define a GMT time to start the contest, to everyone start at the same moment.

Not necessarily, we can do that by pm. Participant have to subscribe and fix a date/time. At this date/time they receive the code by pm and we see how much time it takes to receive the answer.

Looks like no is winning.

tonny:
Looks like no is winning.
It's not important. What interest me is to know the number of "Yes".

I think more will be interested like make a EA more profitable.

angevoyageur:

We have to found the good formula about the code/bug.

Not necessarily, we can do that by pm. Participant have to subscribe and fix a date/time. At this date/time they receive the code by pm and we see how much time it takes to receive the answer.

Then you have to determine the importance you give to accuracy vs speed . . .

RaptorUK:
Then you have to determine the importance you give to accuracy vs speed . . .
We can publish the result to obtain, then the participant have to found and correct the bugs to get this result. What do you think ?

doshur:
I think more will be interested like make a EA more profitable.
Sure. But with such a contest participant can probably improve their programming skills, which in turn improve their chance to program a profitable EA.
Reason: