What is the MAX lots you can open on the market?

Many times when we backtest EAs and you use MM. the lots automatically increase with account size and we become millionaires doing a 5 or 10 year backtest BUT look at the max lots.

for example I just ran a 5 year BT and the highest lot reached was 80 lots.

My brokers limit is 40 and then I had them remove this limitation so now I am only limited by the liquidity of my brokers liquidity providers.

I asked this to my broker and their response was it depends on what market is open and the liquidity at that time. I pressed them and they said it could be in the 20's for asian markets and higher for US and Euro markets so I'm thinking that maybe in the 40's or 50's So when my BT says it opened 80 lots i don't think that would be possible especially in Asian time.

Has anyone ever opened lots that high? Does anyone know what the possible limit could be for each market?

if you guys are running say a martingale strategy and it may need to open say one 50+ lot size say once a year..... account may crash simple because you couldn't get that level martin opened.

If you have opened very high lot sizes what broker? STP? ECN? etc...

Are you making money with 1 standard lot consistently?

mohandahmd:
i can make more than 10 lots per month

Per month??? You mean you can trade 10 lots at any one time and the order go though fine?

sobepromotions:
Many times when we backtest EAs and you use MM. the lots automatically increase with account size and we become millionaires doing a 5 or 10 year backtest BUT look at the max lots.

for example I just ran a 5 year BT and the highest lot reached was 80 lots.

My brokers limit is 40 and then I had them remove this limitation so now I am only limited by the liquidity of my brokers liquidity providers.

I asked this to my broker and their response was it depends on what market is open and the liquidity at that time. I pressed them and they said it could be in the 20's for asian markets and higher for US and Euro markets so I'm thinking that maybe in the 40's or 50's So when my BT says it opened 80 lots i don't think that would be possible especially in Asian time.

Has anyone ever opened lots that high? Does anyone know what the possible limit could be for each market?

if you guys are running say a martingale strategy and it may need to open say one 50+ lot size say once a year..... account may crash simple because you couldn't get that level martin opened.

If you have opened very high lot sizes what broker? STP? ECN? etc...

For Me the quotation is simply confusing. Even the writer knows that he is not writing the truth. There are many brokers with unlimited size offers for the trading. I think there are brokers with limitation also but its other wise also.

To the original poster. I bet you are not even trading with 1 lot so why be so concerned with more than that.

wow lots of negative nancys in here, why jump down my throat for a simple question.

my question is this and I dont care if brokers have unlimited lot sizes because my question was asking what lot sizes will the market fill without issues?

Has anyone ever filled a 20lot order? 40lots? 50 lots at one time?

Just because a broker allows any lot size doesn't mean you will get it filled

If you don't have an answer or don't want to discuss what I was asking then please don't post just to hear yourself talking

also I've heard things like "if lot size is under 10-20 it goes to the LQ, if its over 10-20 then its put through to the market" not sure if anyone in the know could comment on that either.

Thank you for any insight

Hi sobepromotions, There is a thread titled "What is the maximum size of the lot that I can get on the market?" I hope, it may help you.

Source: What is the maximum size of the lot that I can get on the market?

most say limit is 20, Dukascopy have no limit so long as the cash is in there which makes sense.

I trade with hotforex, their max lot size is 60 (though I can only imagine trading that size) but they can adjust it by request I guess

Max Lots

As you are using an EA, just change the EA so that when it hits max lots, it places multiple trades instead of 1 massive trade.

trader_ph:
I trade with hotforex, their max lot size is 60 (though I can only imagine trading that size) but they can adjust it by request I guess

With High Lot size the risks also gets compounded. This is why you must understand always as using small lots to remain safe as markets will favor no one and at any time they can change trends.

Reason: