Need help indentifying indicator - page 113

tobi77:
i found a MACD based on TMA..it has an option TMAtrue option ...maybe it helps

Hi Tobi77,

Got this one was an accident, meant to only draw one arrow as slope ended and started, was going to make it right but the more i looked at it the more i liked it anyway its based on nrp Tma.

ps) btw want to add this version not a real slope its more of a Tma Macd.

Files:

mrtools:
Hi Tobi77,

Got this one was an accident, meant to only draw one arrow as slope ended and started, was going to make it right but the more i looked at it the more i liked it anyway its based on nrp Tma.

ps) btw want to add this version not a real slope its more of a Tma Macd.

That was nice accident mrtols

Thanks.

thanks mrtools... ...but i still look for the slope thingy which only indicates the cycles when tma is sloping up or down i guess

Need help Identifying Expert Advisor

Can someone help me understand the purpose of this EA and whether or not it was meant to run live?

Files:
grail6.mq4  5 kb

TMA slope ...

This one would be that : it shows only the slope of TMA (triangular moving average - the "regular" one not the centered version).

But if you are looking for cycles, TMA is not meant to identify cycles. TMA is data smoother, For finding cycles in some data, other ways are used. Fourier transform is the most usual way (thread about it can be found here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178842 ) Goertzel algorithm as a sub-set of Fourier transform and some similar. So, if you are after cycles tma should not be used. If you are after "trend detection", tma (the regular TMA) is as good as most of the averaging modes of finding trends

tobi77:
thanks mrtools... ...but i still look for the slope thingy which only indicates the cycles when tma is sloping up or down i guess
Files:

Doodman:
Can someone help me understand the purpose of this EA and whether or not it was meant to run live?

This EA backtests with unrealistic results.

mrtools:
Thanks Claretblue about the swap it was right if your talking about the all negative values far as i know most of the brokers nowadays are charging for swap so for the most part all negative swap, but if glass half full can go for the less negative swap Anyway changed the comments somewhat to reflect it and the spread was calculating wrong so fixed that.

can you please share the indicator that paints the price bar as green & red ?

thanx

Files:
swap.gif  47 kb

halogenic:

thanx

Hi Halogenic,

Its available in regular elite section

halogenic:

thanx

try this, you might like it, or not....

TMA Slope

Forgive my intervention, but in bands centered Triangular MA, we have another 2 parameters "ATRMultiplier" and "ATR Period", in function of which change the direction of slope.

extern string TimeFrame = "current time frame";

extern int HalfLength = 56;

extern int Price = PRICE_CLOSE;

extern double ATRMultiplier = 2.0;

extern int ATRPeriod = 100;

extern bool Interpolate = true;

Could you add these two parameters also in the display TMA Slope?

Thanks.

Reason: