Arcturus FX - Only for Alpari UK

Hi,

For about a year, I work on that EA that turns to be profitable.

It is a scalping system.

it works with Alpari UK, on EURCHF, EURGBP and USDCAD. Best works on EURCHF.

Use it only on M15.

When I used it on a demo account last year, It was extraordinary profitable, but since I use it live, I have more problems. I sometimes got bad trades that I can not filter. The thing is that the system is built to win 5pips when it can loose 32pips. If you include MM calculation, it needs about 15 winning trades to recover loss (which it does without any problem).

I'm expecting your needs to improve this EA so that it wins more and more.

I recently added:

-function to avoid news thanks to FFCal (works well)

-Protecting based on H4 RSI so that the EA doesn't place a trade when a contrary trend is about to start (bad idea, it reduces a lot trade volumes)

Thanks for your ideas and suggestions.

PS: my detailled live statement: (---erased---)

Hi,

Have you check with your broker regarding scalping? Most brokers don't like scalpers and they do have ways of punish you i.e. stoploss hunting and etc. Your forex broker should be your friend and pissing him off with scalping may not be a healthy long term relationship.

aha!

Thanks! This is what i'm looking for. Will try it on backtest first...

Brokers as friends?

Brokers will never be your friend. They are liars and cheats. They will always change the playing field to suit yourself and never regard you as your friend...

thrruss:
Hi guys,

First, don't worry about my broker. Alpari accept without any problem scalping

Second, I must tell you that I really don't understand that idea that brokers don't like scalping! I hae two accounts working both with that EA. I have a total of 283.52 lots traded since 1st of january. That means that my broker won about 3 pips spread multiplied by my total lots with my trading.

That means that Alpari UL won about 8500 USD with my scalping (and with a small account of only 250USD starting balance!!).

I think that alpari is happy with scalping I really don't understand why it would be different!!

Correct , i also do have an Alpari account 750 bucks currently from 250 since 2 years . I don't trade on it much but haven't seen any restrictions of scalping. nor with fxpro much. Point is broker should be a broker there is nothing called friendly or not friendly any hanky panky from broker is a red flag .. scalping is a natural way of trading by most in Trading Pits so it is not something broker should have any problems if they do just change them.. There is however limitations which comes from platform to platform since the trading is now done through internet that causes some brokers to put min TP area or time limit for open positions . Nevertless most of these are solved now on ECN brokers .. That said simply move to another broker if you find problems they need us not the other way around .

-Guyver

Hi guys,

Second, I must tell you that I really don't understand that idea that brokers don't like scalping! I hae two accounts working both with that EA. I have a total of 283.52 lots traded since 1st of january. That means that my broker won about 3 pips spread multiplied by my total lots with my trading.

That means that Alpari UK won about 8500 USD with my scalping (and with a small account of only 250USD starting balance!!).

I think that alpari is happy with scalping I really don't understand why it would be different!!

interesting stuff dude, why only alpari though?

Simply because Alpari is the only one to provide tight spread on EURCHF during trading time.

If you have a spread of 7 on EURCHF while an order is going, the probability to win the trade decrease dramatically! Thus, the lower spread you got, the best results you got.

Moreover, I can't really explain why, but this EA doesn't work on 4 digits brokers. I guess that the accuracy of calculation decrease with 4 digits. For example, if the Bid goes from 1.35183 to 1.35189, the RSI won't move on 4 digits broker, while it will go up on a 5 digits broker. I'm not sure about the explanation, but It might be a hint!

....If anybody has an idea to improve it, I'm interresting...

thrruss:
Simply because Alpari is the only one to provide tight spread on EURCHF during trading time.

If you have a spread of 7 on EURCHF while an order is going, the probability to win the trade decrease dramatically! Thus, the lower spread you got, the best results you got.

Moreover, I can't really explain why, but this EA doesn't work on 4 digits brokers. I guess that the accuracy of calculation decrease with 4 digits. For example, if the Bid goes from 1.35183 to 1.35189, the RSI won't move on 4 digits broker, while it will go up on a 5 digits broker. I'm not sure about the explanation, but It might be a hint!

....If anybody has an idea to improve it, I'm interresting...

I am not sure what exactly you are asking.. posted just the .ex4 and now asking for help to improve? is this is it?. and you sure this is not some commercial ea you just changed the name? the ea itself may be no good even try to change perhaps

-Guyver

thrruss:
Hi guys,

It is because you are a small potato at the moment and you are not on their radar. Once your account is over $30K and you start withdrawing your money, you will be their radar.

asitejust4u:
Brokers will never be your friend. They are liars and cheats. They will always change the playing field to suit yourself and never regard you as your friend...

I agree with you that some brokers are really bad and we should try to avoid them altogether. Brokers have 3 revenue models: straight through processing, market maker, and hybrid. You have to know which revenue model that your broker is deploying. If your broker is straight through processing then he is your friend because he allows you to participate in the market with very little capital.

If your broker is a market maker or using a hybrid model, then he will lie and cheat. Imagine stealing from someone that lies and cheats, he will come back to you with a vengeance. We all love to be Robin Hood but there won't be a happy ending.

Reason: