Soundform analysis

Hello all,

This is my first post here, so bear with me.

I have been studying Forex EAs for a while now, forward testing many of them and learning the programming language bit by bit...

A friend of mine who is a C++ programmer asked me the other day to think about plotting the stock market moves in some kind of data analysis or plotting it as midi music on a treble and bass cleff.

Basically, seeing if there are certain sounds that are created right before major and minor movements, patterns, or otherwise indications that the market will always move in certain directions.

I am a sound professional and I believe that the market can be plotted via soundforms, and the resulting analysis and data stream could be broken down into signals that an EA could process and act from...

The first "sound based" EA so to speak.

Is this idea too far off the wagon or do we have something that should be explored?

I have studied ICWR strategy and it seems to me that this shows that certain patterns can be plotted and recognized via the Fibo levels and the down up, down up down, up down and up down up patterns that the Corrective and Impulsive waves create could easily be turned into a form (probably not sounding the best) of musical patterns that can be tracked and acted upon.

If I could sit and listen to the markets instead of just see them visually, I think I would be a much better trader because I recognize patterns very easily though my hearing sense much more so than my seeing, and plus my eyes get very tired.

Please let me know if there are any brave programmers out there up to the task of helping me on this project?

I appreciate your time, and the effort in the elite section is incredible and I am benifiting every day I study here.

Thank you all so much for all your hard work. It is deeply appreciated by the aspiring programmers of the Forex world.

Be well,

Enoch

Hi chronosphere,

About ICWR so there are several threads about ICWR on the forum.

ICWR:

- ICWR development: original development thread with indicators, explanatuions and so on.

- ICWR indicator with alert is here.

- ICWR as an EA: EA development thread and the other thread with EAs.

- ICWR Trades: the thread about how to treade manually using ICWR indicator.

As I remember few versions of ICWR indicator and few versions of ICWR EA were developed on our forum. EAs were not tested and evaluated yet but indicators were evaluated and modified with many versions and many members tested it and so on. Check the links above (all the links are on public sections of the forum).

Icwr

I was using the ICWR simply as an example that the elliot waves/fibo levels that it pays attention to could be used as a possible configuation of sounds to look out for.

So I assume that this has never been attempted then? Creating a sound interface to be able to listen to the market as well as see it?

I would much rather use 2 senses to understand something than just 1. I think it would lead to less error in trading.

Looking forward to feedback on this idea...

Enoch

chronosphere:
Hello all,

This is my first post here, so bear with me.

I have been studying Forex EAs for a while now, forward testing many of them and learning the programming language bit by bit...

A friend of mine who is a C++ programmer asked me the other day to think about plotting the stock market moves in some kind of data analysis or plotting it as midi music on a treble and bass cleff.

Basically, seeing if there are certain sounds that are created right before major and minor movements, patterns, or otherwise indications that the market will always move in certain directions.

I am a sound professional and I believe that the market can be plotted via soundforms, and the resulting analysis and data stream could be broken down into signals that an EA could process and act from...

The first "sound based" EA so to speak.

Is this idea too far off the wagon or do we have something that should be explored?

I have studied ICWR strategy and it seems to me that this shows that certain patterns can be plotted and recognized via the Fibo levels and the down up, down up down, up down and up down up patterns that the Corrective and Impulsive waves create could easily be turned into a form (probably not sounding the best) of musical patterns that can be tracked and acted upon.

If I could sit and listen to the markets instead of just see them visually, I think I would be a much better trader because I recognize patterns very easily though my hearing sense much more so than my seeing, and plus my eyes get very tired.

Please let me know if there are any brave programmers out there up to the task of helping me on this project?

I appreciate your time, and the effort in the elite section is incredible and I am benifiting every day I study here.

Thank you all so much for all your hard work. It is deeply appreciated by the aspiring programmers of the Forex world.

Be well,

Enoch

I think your idea is too brilliant, one of the best in a long time. Because you didn't find a trader (a pro of course) that do not believes the market moves in waves. And sound is just that, waves.

Often we refer to market noise or harmonic patterns. And your (me) firts think is music because all these words are related to music.

Seems like you're following or you want to follow the same way of John Ehlers. I think you must take a read to his job before start.

Ehlers is an electric engineer and he applied the knowledge about waves/noise/filters to market study and with good results.

Nest step could be to diagnose the market with different sounds. Maybe even to create a song to dignose what's going on.

Fractal study is another market concept. All we have read some books like Chaoes and Order in the Capital Markets have discovered the highly relation between losers and winners and how few separate both.

Reason: