Can EA insert indicators to the main window?

Hi,

I'm programming a very complex visual indicator that combines many indicators.

Because of the (very, very stupid) limitation that indicators can only have 8 lines, I'm now thinking if I could use EA to plot indicators to the main window (Line objects are too slow, tried them too).

Is there any function that can be used to add new indicators to the main window?

Thanks in advance!

Yes, it can be done.

Look at this page https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175733 (post #23 with article and indicator attached).

Thanks! This helps a lot.

I already started to reverse-engineer template files..

(they are ascii files if someone is interested, they can be generated by some other program - that was my next plan)

edit: DECEMA_v1 only seems to plot one line, that was not what I had in mind - I want to plot about 200 indicator values to the main window (don't ask why yet :-D - I'm working on a kind of visual layout that plots different things to the screen so that visual image shows a basic market mood)

Here is even better example but using line objects makes this unbelievably slow

To clarify, here is an example of one of the things I'm working on:

Files:

mikkom:
Hi,

I'm programming a very complex visual indicator that combines many indicators.

Because of the (very, very stupid) limitation that indicators can only have 8 lines, I'm now thinking if I could use EA to plot indicators to the main window (Line objects are too slow, tried them too).

Is there any function that can be used to add new indicators to the main window?

Thanks in advance!

The 8 buffers is only a limitation if all buffers are used to display signals - many indicators 'waste' display buffers for general calculations, instead of using arrays to do this. Also, if display buffer shortage is a problem, split the signals between two indicators, and drop one on top of the others window.

omelette:
The 8 buffers is only a limitation if all buffers are used to display signals - many indicators 'waste' display buffers for general calculations, instead of using arrays to do this. Also, if display buffer shortage is a problem, split the signals between two indicators, and drop one on top of the others window.

I have about 300 lines per screen (see the screenshots), that would require me to use 300/8 = 37 indicators per screen that I would have to manually add to the graph.. so I'll rather create a different program in another language that can create templates on the fly if EA cannot add new indicators to the screen automatically.

By the way there is a real nasty reason why many times you have to use buffers for calculations, indicator arrays lost all the old data between redraws even if the array is global.

Reason: