Price Percentage Oscillator

PPO is another trending/momentum indicator. It is a very close cousin to MACD, if you know how to use MACD you know how to use PPO. The two are so close, in fact, that I was reluctant to even write this. But I was bored tonight so I wrote it.

Included is a screenshot. On the screenshot you can see my other indicator ToR which uses ADX on multiple timeframes to let you know if you are in a ranging or trending market.

Files:
screen-ppo.gif  26 kb
ppo.mq4  3 kb

I love it!!

Thanks nittany #1

good job nittatny

Percentage of Change

I am looking for an indicator showing the price change in percentage compared to the day start.

In Stocks, it is commons to show the percentage of change (as it is commonly used in TV, websites, etc)

Now I wish to have an indicator show this value in MT4, but not only show but draw the line to have a history of percentage of change over a day.

Thanks

nittany1:

PPO is another trending/momentum indicator. It is a very close cousin to MACD, if you know how to use MACD you know how to use PPO. The two are so close, in fact, that I was reluctant to even write this. But I was bored tonight so I wrote it.

Included is a screenshot. On the screenshot you can see my other indicator ToR which uses ADX on multiple timeframes to let you know if you are in a ranging or trending market.

that's a good indicator, but how change the formula to "fast ema - slow ema/100" and not divided for the slow ema? can you help me with it?

Kelch Monteiro:
that's a good indicator, but how change the formula to "fast ema - slow ema/100" and not divided for the slow ema? can you help me with it?

Just replace the last iMA() in this part of the code

for(int i=0; i<limit; i++)

PPOBuffer=(iMA(NULL,0,FastEMA,0,MODE_EMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i)-iMA(NULL,0,SlowEMA,0,MODE_EMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i))/

iMA(NULL,0,SlowEMA,0,MODE_EMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i);[/PHP]

with 100 and you will get something like this :

[PHP] for(int i=0; i<limit; i++)

PPOBuffer=(iMA(NULL,0,FastEMA,0,MODE_EMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i)-iMA(NULL,0,SlowEMA,0,MODE_EMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i))/

100.0;

mladen:
Just replace the last iMA() in this part of the code
for(int i=0; i<limit; i++)

iMA(NULL,0,SlowEMA,0,MODE_EMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i);[/PHP]

with 100 and you will get something like this :

[PHP] for(int i=0; i<limit; i++)

100.0;

Many thanks mladen! I'll try here now!

nittany1:

Thank you very much.

After going through different TF I found that I always have to readjus the general settings for min nd max. Isnt it possible to have it "normalized" to avoid that?

Regards Wolfsch

wolfsch:
Thank you very much.

After going through different TF I found that I always have to readjus the general settings for min nd max. Isnt it possible to have it "normalized" to avoid that?

Regards Wolfsch

wolfsch

It is calculated according to the following formula :

and as it is abovious it highly depends on time frame and symbol. But, since it is a kind of a MACD offspring, there is no normalizing method that would not "deform" the values

Percent Difference Oscillator by Alexander Gettinger

pdo.mq4

Files:
pdo_mql.png  74 kb
pdo.mq4  2 kb

ppo.mq4

Files:
ppo.png  8 kb
ppo.mq4  3 kb
Reason: