I love this EA

so far so good this EA i am testing on demo and will start live with Mini's of course has made 10 trades total with only one loss. seems to good to be true.

unfortunately it has only been backtested to january 01 with a 85% success rate. definately a true scalper as it snatches 20pips at a time. (not too greedy)

in euro you can see blue shaded area to left where it took a short yesterday

and got our at blue shaded area to right 20 pips. last nite it just about got stopped out (red line) for a loss, but didnt. most trades are much prettier than this and take 20 pips in 30min to 4hours.

Files:
lupia.gif  46 kb

Martym,

What's the purpose of your post?

jsut curios

if this is common for a ea to get 90% for 4-6 months than turn around and flop.?

I am new to Ea's not forex, I just cant beleve the first one i test would do this well. I hear 100's of these come out a month and only 5-8 % make a profit just curios what others results were with ea's and if 6 months backtesting was enough to even matter. Of course as long as it makes a profit i will keep running it. the only thing I dont like is the mode on meta4 where it says longs trades only short trades only cant be enabled according to the developer, so it takes long and shor trades no matter how oversold or overbought.

No this is not spam as I havent even mentioned the name of the ea and wont, just curious about the 6 months backtest

There is no EA on your screen shot, and there is no results to look at

A backtest for a few months is meaningless, even for 5M.

You need to test for at least 5 years, and that certainly is no guarantee either. Especially with MT....!

I've run 20 year backtests on futures trading systems; they'll work great for 15 years and then for fundamental reasons the market behavior CHANGES and your system tanks.

Any trading system that has backtested well carries with it the ASSUMPTION that the market conditions that produced profitablility will continue, and that cannot and must not be assumed.

martym:
if this is common for a ea to get 90% for 4-6 months than turn around and flop.?

I am new to Ea's not forex, I just cant beleve the first one i test would do this well. I hear 100's of these come out a month and only 5-8 % make a profit just curios what others results were with ea's and if 6 months backtesting was enough to even matter. Of course as long as it makes a profit i will keep running it. the only thing I dont like is the mode on meta4 where it says longs trades only short trades only cant be enabled according to the developer, so it takes long and shor trades no matter how oversold or overbought.

No this is not spam as I havent even mentioned the name of the ea and wont, just curious about the 6 months backtest

The only insight I can give about EA's is the following:

If you set one up thinking it will make you a fortune without you having to be involved - then you're in for a nasty surprise.

Look at the market condition that your EA was operating in. If it was ranging, then it's a ranging EA. If price was trending then it's an EA that will flourish in trending markets. There is one hard fact that seems to be getting lost with most people - newbies especially. An EA's logic is based on solid mathematics (1+1=2). The markets are dynamic, and not mathematical in nature. By this I mean price moves, not because (1+1=2), but rather because fear+greed= movement. Long and short of it is -EA's alone will fail you.

They do have their place however... if the operator is the trader, i.e. (when long or short only settings are applied by the trader, or equity management EA's...I especially like the new Swiss Army EA from Ryan Klefas.)

You should probably run a back test on your EA as well (unless you already have). You'll find one of two results: 1. it blew out your account...that's obviously bad, and 2. it made $8 million dollars in 6 months - that's even worse.

All the best,

MM

Since you brought it up - the only thing that makes sense is for you to share the EA so we can look at it and offer informed opinions regarding its viability and possible improvement opportunities.

Reason: