$x per month.

Hi,

I'm thinking of selling my strategy. Ive backtested it with 90% modelling quality and gives return of 350% without compounding and the equity curve is a very smooth one. Now I want to charge $x per month for its use. I would like to know what code do I put in the expert so that it will stop functioning after 30 days? so basically put a timer on the expert , 30 days from the first trade it took.

Thanks

Regards

Have you done any forward testing?

I have a number of EA's that do very well over a 2 year backtest with a 90% modelling quality but once they go live, the actual statistics change a bit.

I too would like to know the code that you're looking for but before you decide to sell, do some forward testing for a few months

{

string expire_date = "2007.10.22";

datetime expirevar = StrToTime(expire_date);

if ( CurTime() >= expirevar )

{

Alert ("The trial version has been expired!");

return(0);

}

// code

return(0);

}

may wanna run it on a real account before you risk other peoples money.

even a realtime demo can be different

thanks.

im going to forward test it on demo and with real money before I sell it.

Will let u guys know how its going.

FXbabe

Ok you knew it was comming. So I'll be the first to ask what every one esle will be dieing to know

If your AE is so good, with such a smooth nice equity curve, then why do you feel the need to charge per month, or even charge money for it at all?

Why do you feel the need to make money off of people like us? You cann't be satisfied with making your riches off of the market?

Ok mabe you don't have the capital to get started. Why not charge a low 1 time fee to get some funds to get yourself started with it? Why do you want to keep people sending you money each month? I know....steady income each month right? Won't the EA provide that? And (God forbid) what if you die or become some other way unavailable to keep supplying your customers witha new monthly version in a couple of years?

Lets say 100 people start renting your EA, and it is good. And people start to depend on it for supporting there families. 2 years later something happens to you and now there stuck like chuck, with a worthless ex file and bills piling up and little Suzie or John Jr. just started school, in the new school district that they just bought there brand new 500k$ home in with the money generated from your EA?????

But what do you care because something happened to you. Or mabe your just off in the Bahama's and decided to not supply any more.

You will not live forever and mabe my grand kids want to keep making money with it. Are your grand kids gonna supply it?

All hypothetical situations and you might think I am being stupid. Or am I?

Not to mention there are lots of people that can decompile an ex file any ways so whats the point?

If you gotta charge, just make it a one time fee. Makes alot more sence in the long run.

Thats my 2 pips

Dave

Hi Fxbabe, your strategy.ex4 files can be decompiled(cracked). Don't sell your strategy, use it.

xxDavidxSxx:
Ok you knew it was comming. So I'll be the first to ask what every one esle will be dieing to know

If your AE is so good, with such a smooth nice equity curve, then why do you feel the need to charge per month, or even charge money for it at all?

Why do you feel the need to make money off of people like us? You cann't be satisfied with making your riches off of the market?

Ok mabe you don't have the capital to get started. Why not charge a low 1 time fee to get some funds to get yourself started with it? Why do you want to keep people sending you money each month? I know....steady income each month right? Won't the EA provide that? And (God forbid) what if you die or become some other way unavailable to keep supplying your customers witha new monthly version in a couple of years?

Lets say 100 people start renting your EA, and it is good. And people start to depend on it for supporting there families. 2 years later something happens to you and now there stuck like chuck, with a worthless ex file and bills piling up and little Suzie or John Jr. just started school, in the new school district that they just bought there brand new 500k$ home in with the money generated from your EA????? hahahaha.... could happen

But what do you care because something happened to you. Or mabe your just off in the Bahama's and decided to not supply any more.

You will not live forever and mabe my grand kids want to keep making money with it. Are your grand kids gonna supply it?

All hypothetical situations and you might think I am being stupid. Or am I?

Not to mention there are lots of people that can decompile an ex file any ways so whats the point? < Good point!!

If you gotta charge, just make it a one time fee. Makes alot more sence in the long run.

Thats my 2 pips

Dave

Some good questions and points made.

It's a worthless effort to try and protect your EA. Within one

day of leasing it someone will have decompiled it anyway.

As has been said better to charge a one time fee. Then at least

those involved will probably work together and be disinclined to

decompile it and share it with the world. Well I should say disinclined

to share it. They will decompile it for their own safety anyway.

Im working on a server that will use a mt4 expert and send trading signals via the internet to a client with mt4 or mt3. that way anyone can demo your logics and easly give a free trials without exposing your code. im still a fairly new coder so its taking me awhile tho :/

FXBabe:
Hi,

I'm thinking of selling my strategy. Ive backtested it with 90% modelling quality and gives return of 350% without compounding and the equity curve is a very smooth one. Now I want to charge $x per month for its use. I would like to know what code do I put in the expert so that it will stop functioning after 30 days? so basically put a timer on the expert , 30 days from the first trade it took.

Thanks

Regards

You wrote it yourself?

lowphat:
Im working on a server that will use a mt4 expert and send trading signals via the internet to a client with mt4 or mt3. that way anyone can demo your logics and easly give a free trials without exposing your code. im still a fairly new coder so its taking me awhile tho :/

Why not makes your EA send signal through email and work together with auto-trade platform so client won't need to do anything ? Just my two cents

Reason: