Excuse me ,how can i get more history data of 15 minute in MT4

excuse me ,how can i get more history data of 15 minute in MT4

i want to test my new trade system ,so i need more 15 minute

but the data in mt4 is so limited

thank you if someone could help me

holp everyone can know me ,i'm not person speaking english

here's a website where you can import data from 1 minute, or one day.

http://www.alpari-idc.com/en/dc/databank.php

once you have downloaded the desired currency pair, (don't worry that they don't have 15 minutes, i'll explain that later) here is how to import history:

while in the metatrader 4 platform, click "F2", (or click "tools", then "history center")

go to where it says import, (at the bottom), a window will pop up. in the top-right corner, there is a button called "browse" click this button, and find the file you downloaded from the above site.

once you've found it, click open, (the window should dissappear), in the window now titled, "Import..." there should be candlestics that appear in the box below. after all this is done, push "ok" at the bottom.

near the middle, at the top of the history center, it will say, "Database_______ records" the number in the blank should rise to or above 100,000 records. once you have made sure of this, close the history center.

converting 1 minute data to 15 minute data:

open your currency pair, and set it to 1 minute data. open the navigator, (if it's not there push "Ctrl" and then push "n".

there will be a tab called "scripts", open this tab and look for period seperator, (i think it's a standard script that comes with the metatrader4 package, but i'm not sure, just in case, i have attached the file, save this file under the the "experts" folder under "scripts" the script should then appear under this menu)

click and drag where it says "period seperator" onto the chart, it'll bring up a box. it should standardly pop up the "inputs" tab at the top. it will say "Ext PeriodMultiplier" under value, type "15".

simple as that .

Files:

Eaglehawk ,thank you very much

Eaglehawk,i appreciate your help

you tell me every detail,thank you

i holp you can get more money in this market!!!

Eaglehawk:
here's a website where you can import data from 1 minute, or one day.

http://www.alpari-idc.com/en/dc/databank.php

once you have downloaded the desired currency pair, (don't worry that they don't have 15 minutes, i'll explain that later) here is how to import history:

while in the metatrader 4 platform, click "F2", (or click "tools", then "history center")

go to where it says import, (at the bottom), a window will pop up. in the top-right corner, there is a button called "browse" click this button, and find the file you downloaded from the above site.

once you've found it, click open, (the window should dissappear), in the window now titled, "Import..." there should be candlestics that appear in the box below. after all this is done, push "ok" at the bottom.

near the middle, at the top of the history center, it will say, "Database_______ records" the number in the blank should rise to or above 100,000 records. once you have made sure of this, close the history center.

converting 1 minute data to 15 minute data:

open your currency pair, and set it to 1 minute data. open the navigator, (if it's not there push "Ctrl" and then push "n".

there will be a tab called "scripts", open this tab and look for period seperator, (i think it's a standard script that comes with the metatrader4 package, but i'm not sure, just in case, i have attached the file, save this file under the the "experts" folder under "scripts" the script should then appear under this menu)

click and drag where it says "period seperator" onto the chart, it'll bring up a box. it should standardly pop up the "inputs" tab at the top. it will say "Ext PeriodMultiplier" under value, type "15".

simple as that .

change in the website recently, here's the new one for all who need it

http://www.alpari-idc.ru/ru/dc/databank

This is a great feature. I didn't know it existed, so thanks for your explanation.

However, when I try to follow your instructions, I don't get things done.

First, when you talk about "period seperator", do you mean a script with exactly that name, or do you mean the script named "period convertor" (which you've attached, and which is part of the standard scripts).

I don't have a script called "period seperator", so maybe that's the problem.

When I drag the script called "period convertor" on the chart I'd like to convert, I get a window like you describe. But what to do exactly? When I fill in the "value" field of the "input" menu, as intended (for instance, I try to convert a 15m chart into 30m, so I'd fill in "30"), then should I save something? When I save, then the file saved seems to be a ".set" file, and not a .csv file, which seems to be the only format that can be read when using the import function of the "history center" menu. I tried importing the ".set" file, but it doesn't work...

What should I do to get the conversion done???

Thanks for all help

What

Does anyone know a source where to get 1M date before mid 2004?

Alpari data goes only back to that date.

Thanks.

M1 data is here. It is some time ago I uploaded this data for elite section for some programmer and somebody posted it in public later on. All main pairs (eurusd, usdchf, gbpusd and usdjpy) should be from 2001 and other pairs from 2004. Alpari data.

If somebody is interested I may upload full data (M1, M5, M15 and so on) since 2001 for almost all the pairs. Just whole my history folder. But it is a lot of Mb (may be 250 mb). If many people need it so I may upload but not to this forum (not as attachments to the post). And not now. And it is necessary to know where to do it (because all the websites listed here are for 50 mb only).

And this Codersguru article will help about how to convert.

FXSamurai:
This is a great feature. I didn't know it existed, so thanks for your explanation.

However, when I try to follow your instructions, I don't get things done.

First, when you talk about "period seperator", do you mean a script with exactly that name, or do you mean the script named "period convertor" (which you've attached, and which is part of the standard scripts).

I don't have a script called "period seperator", so maybe that's the problem.

When I drag the script called "period convertor" on the chart I'd like to convert, I get a window like you describe. But what to do exactly? When I fill in the "value" field of the "input" menu, as intended (for instance, I try to convert a 15m chart into 30m, so I'd fill in "30"), then should I save something? When I save, then the file saved seems to be a ".set" file, and not a .csv file, which seems to be the only format that can be read when using the import function of the "history center" menu. I tried importing the ".set" file, but it doesn't work...

What should I do to get the conversion done???

Thanks for all help What

yes, i mean period converter, (i was just a LITTLE quick and somewhat sloppy at the time)

to convert a timeframe into another, in my experience the chart hasn't changes, just the history collected. theres not suposed to be a change in the chart, it just tranfers the data.

where i think you're getting confused is the importing of data. when you convert the data, it's automatically transfered. the data that was intended for you to import was whatever data you collected from alpari data bank, or elsewhere. once you have used the period converter, you are done. done i say done. just make sure that the new data goes as far back as the data you converted from. ex. if you converted from 15 min. that has history back to 2003, just double check that the 30 min. data also goes back to 2003.

in the new build of MetaTrader Build 199, conversions and history downloading is automated. Details here: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175511

Reason: