Internet connection stops working - how to deal with broker?

Hi All,

What would be the steps to take to deal with your broker should your Internet connection stop working?

Furthermore, should this be a question to ask before you establish an account with any broker?

Should you also approach your ISP before the fact and get some kind of proof that your connection wasn't working?

Thanks!

moneyline

If you mean your MT4 cannot connect to the broker's sever, then I had the same situation just days before. I think you can contact the broker to see if the account is dead. Try change MT4's sever setting is another option. I thought to reinstall the MT4, however , my borker approved my real account, problem then solved.

MT4 APIs

Salam,

I think the best solution is in the hand of MetaQuoets. If the company release the MT4 APIs it'll not be hard for programmers (Like codersguru and beluck) to create an ASP page or even WAP to access your account from any net cafe via web site or from your mobile Why don't try MT for pocket pc?

Change the broker

moneyline, as for my experience, I tracking how much disconnections I have. If that problem affect to my tradings very seriously, first of all, I write to the support of my DC (deal.center), enouncing to them my problem and additionally writing if disconnections will go on, I'll close the acc. and write about their "sh*t" on Forums. And if mistakes going on despite of my attentions to them, I do what I promise.

All is simply. Respect yourself and do it during all your Life and you will get the success! =))))

P.S. Choose the best brokers

Brokers are not reponsible for your bad internet connection . You need high speed inernet connectivity that ensures your regular link from market. If brokers connectivity is an issue you can go to live support . Your connection should be update every time when you are trading.

When your internet connection is working just fine and your terminal keeps saying "no connection" it is exclusively your broker responsibility (and they are using that happily - see the times of big news) Change broker if you get frequently those "errors"

Either get a good connection or get a VPS service if you got trouble with your broker's server.

PAT

How is that I never get a "no connection" in tradestation, and I get the "no connection" even on a demo account in metatrader?

techmac:
How is that I never get a "no connection" in tradestation, and I get the "no connection" even on a demo account in metatrader?

Well surely something wrong with your internet connection.

Reason: