Forex Freeway

Here is an interesting trading strategy that I have been playing with. It involves a modified fibonacci forex grid as the main indicator. I call it the Forex Freeway. Basically, when all roads are bright and a fractal support or resistance is broken, then a trade is placed. The Forex Freeway indicator is based on the market trend strength using the 50 CCI. If the 240, 60, 30, and the 15 min all agree then the market should be strong enough to carry us into some strong pips. I've been trading this for awhile using 5 and 15 minute charts and have had good success but still needs to be tested for further modifacations if any. The problem I see is that you need to monitoring your screens to see when the roads all agree. If someone could program an audible and visual alert notifying you when the freeway opens then that would be great. Please take a look and give your feedback. Thanks.

DeSoft

Files:

Almost forgot.....Here is the indicator. Enjoy.

DeSoft

Files:

Traderhouseglobal.net had created a similar model but didn't include fractals and also costs an arm and a leg, it is called Money Map, when I go to their site I don't see it anymore though so maybe they have another site for it. Anyway your indicator looks creative and potentially useful. cheers

desoft:
Here is an interesting trading strategy that I have been playing with. It involves a modified fibonacci forex grid as the main indicator. I call it the Forex Freeway. Basically, when all roads are bright and a fractal support or resistance is broken, then a trade is placed. The Forex Freeway indicator is based on the market trend strength using the 50 CCI. If the 240, 60, 30, and the 15 min all agree then the market should be strong enough to carry us into some strong pips. I've been trading this for awhile using 5 and 15 minute charts and have had good success but still needs to be tested for further modifacations if any. The problem I see is that you need to monitoring your screens to see when the roads all agree. If someone could program an audible and visual alert notifying you when the freeway opens then that would be great. Please take a look and give your feedback. Thanks. DeSoft

desoft:
Almost forgot.....Here is the indicator. Enjoy.

Can u elaborete on it? What other indicators u are using in your trade? Can u post them here?

Thanks

Hi Desoft,

Nice adaptation. Thanks. I am a fan of CCI, esp the 50.

Can you tell me why the ma lengths are as below ? I can't make sense of it unless they should all be fib numbers ?

extern int ma1.Length=20;

extern int ma2.Length=34;

extern int ma3.Length=34;

extern int ma4.Length=50;

extern int ma5.Length=89;

extern int ma6.Length=144;

extern int ma7.Length=200;

elihayun,

The only other indicator I am using is the support and resistance fractals. For example, when all the roads light up for to signal a long trend, then I way for a resistance fractal to be broken and a candle closes above it. That is my signal to enter the trade. I usually place my stop at the last swing low. Typically at a fractal support. Hope this helps. I'll post the inicator.

don.gading,

My trading definately took on a different approach after learning to implement the 50 CCI. What I like about the Forex Freeway indicator is that it immediately lets me see the trend for the timeframes I specify. As for the MA lengths in the indicator, I'm not quite sure what should be standard. I've been playing with different settings and am still trying to find the optimal ones. Any thoughts? Have you tried the fibs?

DeSoft

Thanks. I will try it to see how it is working. Thanks a lot

Yes the commercial site selling something similar is http://www.fxmoneymap.com/Pages/Home.htm

I don't know how much the software costs but I do know that it only works with their data feed which costs over $200 a MONTH!

It would be great to emulate their system for free.

There are 37 video tutorials too on thier site so we should be able to see how they do it

Mike4X.

To be honest, this has nothing to do with the moneymap setup. The look is similiar but the indicator is different in itself. With moneymap, they use fib levels to project support and resistance. Once those roadblocks are clear you can take the trade to the next set of roadblocks. And they trade on the 1 minute chart. Try trading it with the spread. It's not easy. What I'm trying to accomplish with the Forex Freeway indicator is to allow a trader a more comprehensive view of the overall market trend. This is accomplished with the 50 CCI. When the trend is strong, all bars will light up. Basically it is a momentum trader. As for the use of the MA's and Fib numbers in the Forex Freeway indicator, we're still looking for an optimal settings. I'm still looking for someone to try and add an alert function to the indicator. Any help is appreciated.

DeSoft

Desoft,

Can you clarify this indicator for us so that we can all look at optimisation?

See if I have this right - the 4 vertical bars on the right side are in order from left to right 15m, 30m, 60m, 240m.

But you can have the 5m chart open right?

Four bright green bars means look long (wait for breakout).

Are the small lines within the bars resistance levels? What you call a roadblock?

Or are they targets to aim for?

Thanks for clarifying.

Mike4X

By the way, whoever programmed this indicator did a fine job.

mike4x,

Yes, the bars on the right represent from right to left - 4 hours, 60 min, 30 min, and 15 min. I put the indicator on the chart, it can be a 5 min or 15 min chart. Whichever one you prefer. Choose the timeframe you are comfortable working with - money management and noise are some things to look out for. I tend to look at the 5 min as my preferred period. Remember, no indicator is 100% accurate, so on the 5 min timeframe you may have your stop hit due to a stronger pullback but on a 15 min timeframe your stop maybe safe. This is due to the variance in fractals being formed according to your preferred period. I hope this makes sense.

Yes, four bright bars means to look for a trade once a candlestick or bar closes above or below the fractal. I strongly recommend you wait for the close.

As for the small lines in the indicator, I tend not to look at them as much because I am still trying to find the right optimization for them. I put in the 34 EMA as my preferred "roadblock" due to the fact that it offers some of the strongest resistance and if you are familiar with the 50 CCI strategy, then you know that the 34 EMA plays a significant role in it. I don't look for roadblocks as a take profit level. Remember, this is trend following strategy and I do not want to limit my profit at these levels. They can offer potential resistance though. So look out for them.

Hope this helps. Feedback is more than welcomed.

DeSoft

Reason: