Having trouble with multiple EAs

Hi,

I'm having trouble attaching more than 1 EA to a chart.

Is this simply not possible or is there an option to enable this somewhere?

Reason I ask is because MetaTrader leads you to believe this is possible... right click on the chart and it says "Expert Advisors" for the sub-menu.

But I suspect this may be because MT was written by Russians and so might just be a typo.

Impossible

ycomp:
Hi,

I'm having trouble attaching more than 1 EA to a chart.

Is this simply not possible or is there an option to enable this somewhere?

Reason I ask is because MetaTrader leads you to believe this is possible... right click on the chart and it says "Expert Advisors" for the sub-menu.

But I suspect this may be because MT was written by Russians and so might just be a typo.

It's Impossibleto attach more than one expert advisor to a chart!

ok... that's what I was thinking but just wanted to make sure. thx.

ycomp

You can attach two EAs to the same chart ( Symbol and Time Frame ), but on two different windows. If you need, you can form a communication link between the two EAs as well. A round about way to get Two EAs working together employing the same data series.

The CockeyedCowboy

CC, you read my mind... that was my intention to have 2 EAs working together.

Just would have been nice to have it on one chart so I wouldn't have to have so many windows open.

I am going to use global variables. Is that the best way to do it? are they reliable?

ycomp:
CC, you read my mind... that was my intention to have 2 EAs working together.

Just would have been nice to have it on one chart so I wouldn't have to have so many windows open.

I am going to use global variables. Is that the best way to do it? are they reliable?

Ycomp

I assume here your talking about GlobalVariable() function calls. I have not had any problems and use them offen. You should consider that, they can only hold one unit of data, and that being of type double. If your needing to move more data points then just a few then you needed to use files to transfer information. I've used files very offen to communicate between EAs and different software, as well, with great success. If you plan your code just right you can have the same file open in both EAs at the same time and be able to read and/or write to the file from both directions. I have done this and its not that difficult.

" you read my mind " ... sounds just like French Canada too me. A little like 'trow me out the window, the hammer'

The CockeyedCowboy Z}.'^)

cockeyedcowboy:

I assume here your talking about GlobalVariable() function calls. I have not had any problems and use them offen. You should consider that, they can only hold one unit of data, and that being of type double. If your needing to move more data points then just a few then you needed to use files to transfer information. I've used files very offen to communicate between EAs and different software, as well, with great success. If you plan your code just right you can have the same file open in both EAs at the same time and be able to read and/or write to the file from both directions. I have done this and its not that difficult.

yes the MT4 global variable function calls. I didn't look into using them yet, just thought that could be useful. Currently I'm just thinking about passing only a few pieces of data, maybe 4 or so.

I'm wondering if there are any known reliability problems with them working in live trading. ?

cockeyedcowboy:

" you read my mind " ... sounds just like French Canada too me. A little like 'trow me out the window, the hammer'

been there a couple of times... girls are sexy especially with the accents.

funny thing is it also jumped out at me when I first wrote it... it does look strange on a web page.

Reason: