CopyTicks (CopyTicksRange) MQL5 problem - page 2

Alain Verleyen:
From what I understood nonetheless, it seems you have more ticks AFTER restarting MT5 right ? So it seems a cache issue, where before closing, the ticks in the cache are not available.

More ticks are not a problem as this is natural.

What I have is a chunk of missing data towards the end (not at the end). Sometimes in the middle as well.

I first do an initial download of tick data, while the platform is running. This way I get the first set for comparison.

I exit the platform, wait a few seconds and restart.

I do a second download of tick data.

When I compare both sets I have a spot in the first download where data is missing.

It is something like this:

1st sample: ABCDEFHIJ

2nd sample: ABCDEFGHIJKL

Notice the letter G missing in the first sample. "KL" is not a problem as this is new data. 

In a live run, I'm experiencing the same problems when I do subsequent calls to the "CopyTicks" function. In general ticks are missing very often.

Artur Zas:

More ticks are not a problem as this is natural.

What I have is a chunk of missing data towards the end (not at the end). Sometimes in the middle as well.

I first do an initial download of tick data, while the platform is running. This way I get the first set for comparison.

I exit the platform, wait a few seconds and restart.

I do a second download of tick data.

When I compare both sets I have a spot in the first download where data is missing.

It is something like this:

1st sample: ABCDEFHIJ

2nd sample: ABCDEFGHIJKL

Notice the letter G missing in the first sample. "KL" is not a problem as this is new data. 

In a live run, I'm experiencing the same problems when I do subsequent calls to the "CopyTicks" function. In general ticks are missing very often.

Ok got it, I will check.
Reason: