Profit from signal too low(?)

Hello there, 

I hope someone can help me here. I recently subscribed to the **** signal.  From the numbers I see on this site, my current equity is about 6.25% of his.  ($1,000 / $16,000).  I would imagine that would bring me 6.25% of his profits, but that's not happening.  On a recent trade, he got $16 and I got about 1 cent (it's actually 1 yen, because I'm in Japan, but that's more or less it).  I would think I would get about 100 cents from that (6.25% of $16).  What's happening here?  I guess it's related to some kind of distortion related to my small balance... How much would I need to have in to proportionally mirror the signals profits?

Thanks a lot.  

Discussion about particulat signal (any signal) is prohibited on the forum.

We can onle discusse about some issues or particular/specifit cases in general way irrespective off the signal etc.

Just for information.

Sergey Golubev:
Discussion about particulat signal (any signal) is prohibited on the forum.

We can onle discusse about some issues or particular/specifit cases in general way irrespective off the signal etc.

Just for information.
I see. Sorry. I didn't know that.  Could I just remove the name of the signal for it to be OK? (I've just done that, but I obviously can't edit your post which quotes mine. 

BonRouge:
I see. Sorry. I didn't know that.  Could I just remove the name of the signal for it to be OK? (I've just done that, but I obviously can't edit your post which quotes mine. 
Yes, I edited my post.

There are many reasons that makes your profit less than the signal's you are copying.

Firstly, the ratio of balances and leverages (and the 95% maximum participation in the signal tab settings), gives your account a smaller percentage than the 6.25% you mentioned.

Secondly the slippage between brokers (signal's and yours) makes your outcome in every trade smaller than the signal's.

Eleni Anna Branou:

There are many reasons that makes your profit less than the signal's you are copying.

Firstly, the ratio of balances and leverages (and the 95% maximum participation in the signal tab settings), gives your account a smaller percentage than the 6.25% you mentioned.

Secondly the slippage between brokers (signal's and yours) makes your outcome in every trade smaller than the signal's.

Thanks for the reply.  I've set my leverage to the same as the signal, and the 95% maximum thing to 95%...

But if I just look at lot sizes.  The signal sets 0.1, and I get 0.01, so I guess my profit (or loss) should be about one tenth of his, but that's not happening.  I seem to be getting less than a hundredth of the signal's profit.  

If the signal is going for a few points (point=0.1 pips) in every trade, then is very possible to loose this small profit between brokers slippage.

This is a common problem with scalping signals. You won't have that problem with a signal that goes for more pips in every trade. 

Eleni Anna Branou:

If the signal is going for a few points (point=0.1 pips) in every trade, then is very possible to loose this small profit between brokers slippage.

This is a common problem with scalping signals. You won't have that problem with a signal that goes for more pips in every trade. 

Hmmm... The signal seems to be successful, so I'd like to stick with it (and I've just paid the subscription).  Do you think having a larger balance so that I can mirror the signal more closely would stop/reduce this problem, or is it better to look for - as you say - a signal that goes for more pips per trade?

BonRouge:

Hello there, 

I hope someone can help me here. I recently subscribed to the **** signal.  From the numbers I see on this site, my current equity is about 6.25% of his.  ($1,000 / $16,000).  I would imagine that would bring me 6.25% of his profits, but that's not happening.  On a recent trade, he got $16 and I got about 1 cent (it's actually 1 yen, because I'm in Japan, but that's more or less it).  I would think I would get about 100 cents from that (6.25% of $16).  What's happening here?  I guess it's related to some kind of distortion related to my small balance... How much would I need to have in to proportionally mirror the signals profits?

Thanks a lot.  

I was reading some discussion between the users and MetaQuotes (MQ), and MQ told that it is very unlikely for the signal subscribers to loose the pips/small profit in the following case :

• if the signal provider is on MQL5 VPS, and
  • subscriber is on MQL5 VPS too.
Because subscriber is receiving the signal/trades from the broker server in this case (not from signal provider's Metatrader). It is what I understood ... :

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Something Interesting

Sergey Golubev, 2017.01.27 09:03

This is very interesting thread which give you some clue about how to reduce the relay for subscribers in case the signal provider is making the trades in scalping way:

Prompt please ways to reduce delays to subscribers, if the average transaction is 7-10 points?

This is the interesting discussion going on - the users are asking the questions, and MetaQuotes (Renat Fatkhullin) is replying. In russian language.
Strongly recommended to read especially if you subscribed/will subscribe to the scalping signal or you are providing (will provide) the signal which is traded on scalping way for example.

How to read?
Use in-build forum translation feature to translate the posts from russian to your language ('machine translation' sorry).

BonRouge:

Hmmm... The signal seems to be successful, so I'd like to stick with it (and I've just paid the subscription).  Do you think having a larger balance so that I can mirror the signal more closely would stop/reduce this problem, or is it better to look for - as you say - a signal that goes for more pips per trade?

Having a larger balance its entirely up to you. It will certainly help to use a good broker (in slippage terms) and a fast VPS for your account, in order to reduce execution delays.

It depends how you scale the signal ... you should not look at profit in money but in units ... and then you will have a better overview on the signal return.
Reason: