Error 130 on this EA sometimes

Hello,

I created an EA to open a hedged trade with opposing stoploss and take profit in both direction. It also adds pending orders of increasing lotsize as price direction reverses.

However, sometimes the EA fails to open the orders and i get error 130.

Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thanks in advance....

Files:
lotsizer.mq4  6 kb

https://docs.mql4.com/trading/errors.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/133824.

If you send the orders with stoploss and take profit of Zero and that doesn't solve your problem .. then follow the documentations recommendations and make sure its not a problem from the first link.

Thanks, I'll try that but the orersend doesn't ALWaYS fail, just sometimes. Also, sometimes the nextLot variable doesn't double up. Will some of the variables reset if I change timeframe? This is the first thing I've written in MQL4 so I hope you can help me debug it. Thanks again.....

satsujin: Will some of the variables reset if I change timeframe?

None of them will

But if you look at my code, the part that creates one market order and one pending order together should not be called if hedgeCreated is true. However, those OrderSends are still being sent after hedgeCreated is set to true.

satsujin:
But if you look at my code, the part that creates one market order and one pending order together should not be called if hedgeCreated is true. However, those OrderSends are still being sent after hedgeCreated is set to true.

This part ? if hedgeCreated is true it can create one order on the first run through and the other on the next . . . please show what is printed to the journal/experts tab . . .

if (hedgeCreated)
      {
         if ((nextPos=="short") && (Bid <= SHedge))
         {
            ticket=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUYSTOP,nextLot,LHedge,3,longStop,longTake);
            if (ticket>0) Print("Created LHedge ",LHedge," ",nextLot," lots");
            else { err=StringConcatenate("New Hedge long failed:",GetLastError(),"|",LHedge,"|stop:",longStop,"|Take:",longTake); Print(err); }
            nextLot*=2;
            nextPos="long";
         }

if ((nextPos=="long") && (Ask >= LHedge))
         {
            ticket=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_SELLLIMIT,nextLot,SHedge,3,shortStop,shortTake);
            if (ticket>0) Print("Created LHedge ",SHedge," ",nextLot," lots");
            else { err=StringConcatenate("New Hedge short failed:",GetLastError(),"|",SHedge,"|stop:",shortStop,"|Take:",shortTake); Print(err); }
            nextLot*=2;
            nextPos="short";
         }

}

actually the part before in the if (!hedgeCreated) block.....inside it i set hedgecreated to true so the block should be called only once but the orders in there are being called more than once.This part

if (!hedgeCreated)

{

if (Ask >= LHedge)

{

//ticket=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,startLot,LHedge,1,longStop,longTake);

ticket=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,startLot,LHedge,1,0,0);

if (ticket>=0) Print("Hedge long at ",LHedge," ",longStop," ",longTake);

else { err=StringConcatenate("Hedge long failed:",GetLastError(),"|",LHedge,"|stop:",longStop,"|Take:",longTake); Print(err); }

if (ticket>=0)

OrderModify(ticket,LHedge,longStop,longTake,0,CLR_NONE);

nextLot=startLot*3;

//ticket=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_SELLSTOP,nextLot,SHedge,1,shortStop,shortTake);

ticket=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_SELLSTOP,nextLot,SHedge,1,0,0);

if (ticket>=0) Print("Hedge short at ",SHedge," ",shortStop," ",shortTake);

else { err=StringConcatenate("Pending Hedge short failed:",GetLastError(),"|",SHedge,"|stop:",shortStop,"|Take:",shortTake); Print(err); }

if (ticket>=0)

OrderModify(ticket,SHedge,shortStop,shortTake,0,CLR_NONE);

nextLot*=2;

hedgeCreated=true;

nextPos="short";

}

if (Bid <= SHedge)

{

//OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_SELL,startLot,SHedge,1,shortStop,shortTake);

ticket=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_SELL,startLot,SHedge,1,0,0);

if (ticket>=0) Print("Hedge short at ",SHedge," ",shortStop," ",shortTake);

else Print("Hedge short failed:",GetLastError());

if (ticket>=0)

OrderModify(ticket,SHedge,shortStop,shortTake,0,CLR_NONE);

nextLot=startLot*3;

//OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUYLIMIT,nextLot,LHedge,1,longStop,longTake);

ticket=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUYLIMIT,nextLot,LHedge,1,0,0);

if (ticket>=0) Print("Hedge long at ",LHedge," ",longStop," ",longTake);

else { err=StringConcatenate("Pending Hedge long failed:",GetLastError(),"|",LHedge,"|stop:",longStop,"|Take:",longTake); Print(err); }

if (ticket>=0)

OrderModify(ticket,LHedge,longStop,longTake,0,CLR_NONE);

nextLot*=2;

hedgeCreated=true;

nextPos="long";

}

}

satsujin:
actually the part before in the if (!hedgeCreated) block.....

The code I posted will do what you described . . . ". . . . the part that creates one market order and one pending order together should not be called if hedgeCreated is true. However, those OrderSends are still being sent after hedgeCreated is set to true."

Please post the Prints from the journal/experts tab to show what is actually opening the Orders . . .

Actually I think the problem might be that I'm making small changes to the EA and recompiling while the EA is running. Will this restart the entire EA? Even the previously loaded one?

Here is the latest update of the EA. I'll post the Prints from Experts once I have enough data in that tab.
Files:

satsujin:
Here is the latest update of the EA. I'll post the Prints from Experts once I have enough data in that tab.
It should only take a minute or two in the Strategy Tester.
Reason: