Change at the same time with one click the Zoom or the Timeframes of all open charts in MT4

Hi there.

I guess the subject explains my question. Are there some way to change at the same time, with one click, the Zoom or the Timeframes of all open charts in MT4? Some script or tool...

I am talking about to change all the open charts, for example from 1 hour to 15 minutes or other timeframe, or to change from "X" size of zoom to "Y" size of zoom, all at the same time.

I will appreciate your help.

Thanks.

gus:

Hi there.

I guess the subject explains my question. Are there some way to change at the same time, with one click, the Zoom or the Timeframes of all open charts in MT4? Some script or tool...

I am talking about to change all the open charts, for example from 1 hour to 15 minutes or other timeframe, or to change from "X" size of zoom to "Y" size of zoom, all at the same time.

Thanks.

You may want to use post message A https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/124688 alongside WindowBarsPerChart and pixel size of the chart for the zoom.

gus:

Hi there.

It's a common problem and extremely difficult to solve. What I do it set lots of different profiles. So one profile is an M5 profile with say 8 charts. Then another profile may be the same set of charts but on an M15 timeframe. This is fairly quick to change and avoids a lot of hacky windows code.

dabbler:
It's a common problem and extremely difficult to solve. What I do it set lots of different profiles. So one profile is an M5 profile with say 8 charts. Then another profile may be the same set of charts but on an M15 timeframe. This is fairly quick to change and avoids a lot of hacky windows code.

Many thanks, dabbler.

onewithzachy:
You may want to use post message A https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/124688 alongside WindowBarsPerChart and pixel size of the chart for the zoom.

I will review it, thanks.

Here you go: http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=301899   first post: ChgTF-All.mq4.  I modified that code to be separate scripts. One for each time frame.  Then set a hotkey in mt4 for each script.  ctrl+1 gives me M1 charts, ctrl+2 gives me M5 charts, etc.

Now I would love to figure out how to do the same thing with the zoom.  One script to zoom in, one to zoom out.

Using Autohotkey here is a workaround for not having an mt4 script to zoom.

Autohotkey script:

^=::    ; zoom in
    send {+} ;zooms chart
    send {END} ;brings chart to newest bars
    Send ^{F6} ;changes to next chart
    send {+} ; repeat for the number of charts you have open, I have 8.  So repeats 8 times total.
    send {END}
    Send ^{F6}
    send {+}
    send {END}
    Send ^{F6}
    send {+}
    send {END}
    Send ^{F6}
    send {+}
    send {END}
    Send ^{F6}
    send {+}
    send {END}
    Send ^{F6}
    send {+}
    send {END}
    Send ^{F6}
    send {+}
    send {END}
    Send ^{F6}
return

^-::    ; zoom out
    send {-}
    send {END}
    Send ^{F6}
    send {-}
    send {END}
    Send ^{F6}
    send {-}
    send {END}
    Send ^{F6}
    send {-}
    send {END}
    Send ^{F6}
    send {-}
    send {END}
    Send ^{F6}
    send {-}
    send {END}
    Send ^{F6}
    send {-}
    send {END}
    Send ^{F6}
    send {-}
    send {END}   
    Send ^{F6}

return

What this does is when I ctrl+= (ctrl+- to zoom out) on my keyboard it send the commands to mt4 to zoom in the selected chart, set chart to most recent data, then switch to next chart.  I have 8 charts open so its repeated 8 times.  If you have open 4 charts, for instance, remove excess code.

This is a bit off topic - but is it possible to leave the draw rectangle mode as ON?  

i.e. draw a rectange and then another and another ?  

Or setup up hotkeys? 

mrmedia:

This is a bit off topic - but is it possible to leave the draw rectangle mode as ON?  

i.e. draw a rectange and then another and another ?  

Or setup up hotkeys?  

You are not bit off topic, but you are off topic. If you knew its (bit) off topic, then create a new topic please. 

Hello, I need this EA for all open charts, with the same functions.

TFSwitcher.mq4 (expert) 

Possible? 

Files:

msies:

Hello, I need this EA for all open charts, with the same functions.

TFSwitcher.mq4 (expert) 

Possible? 

Don't triple post ! !  https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/140692   <----- posts deleted

hello, can you help me please?

Reason: