Terminal window missing - page 2

Alain Verleyen:

Double click on the window title.

This has worked!

WM:

Try pressing CTRL-T to restore the termnal window

If you still don't see it, repeatedly press CTRL-T and watch the bottom portion of the application screen. The terminal is probably minimized within the MT4 program

If you can see your Balance, Equity and Margin then THAT IS THE TERMINAL WINDOW -- just expand the size upwards to reveal what you normally would see

Thank you very much.

I have the same issue on my Mac, terminal window popped out and nothing worked so far. ALready tried to reinstall, delete terminal.ini, Ctrl-T several times, adjusting the size from the corner ... nothing works. Any other ideas and help appreciated!

Ramakrishna:
I have the same issue on my Mac, terminal window popped out and nothing worked so far. ALready tried to reinstall, delete terminal.ini, Ctrl-T several times, adjusting the size from the corner ... nothing works. Any other ideas and help appreciated!
Did you figure it out? I am having the same problem :(! 

This is what happens when I open the terminal. Any suggestions? I’ve done all of the above. 
Files:
image.jpg  5169 kb

I have solution, close meta trader and delete terminal.ini at folder config

BEST WAY IS GO TO FILES MENU ON YOUR MT4 THEN  OPEN DATA FOLDER  WHEN ITS OPENED CLOSE THE MT4 AND LEAVE THE DATA FOLDER OPEN GO TO CONFIG AND LOOK FOR TERMINAL.IND DELETE IT AND RESTART YOUR MT4 AGAIN THEN ALL WILL BE BACK TO NORMAL

adydube #:
BEST WAY IS GO TO FILES MENU ON YOUR MT4 THEN  OPEN DATA FOLDER  WHEN ITS OPENED CLOSE THE MT4 AND LEAVE THE DATA FOLDER OPEN GO TO CONFIG AND LOOK FOR TERMINAL.IND DELETE IT AND RESTART YOUR MT4 AGAIN THEN ALL WILL BE BACK TO NORMAL

Do not SHOUT AT US, that is very RUDE OF YOU!

I just had this issue + and I found another solution:

Reason this happens seems to be: Terminal Window becomes detached from MT4 and is somewhere(!) on your desktop ,...with multiple screens that already can be a challenge,..new 4k monitors adding a whole new dimension to the problem

In my case when hitting ctrl+T a billion times I noticed that my Windows Task bar became shiny at some corner ,...mouse there, no  window name, nothing.

Solution:

Go to display settings (windows) and go to "Scale and layout" - > there change the size (I had 125%, changed back to 100%) -->  voila you now should see somewhere where it was shiny the little Terminal Window appearing which you now can drag back into MT4 = solved    
(then you can change back scale as it was  before,....changing resolution should have same effect if scale doesnt work)

Ahh Henry #:
This is what happens when I open the terminal. Any suggestions? I’ve done all of the above. 

Hi, if still a problem, try my solution above  (change scale or resolution in display settings etc) 

cheers

Reason: